Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: SDSU Game on Fox College Sports

Default Re: SDSU Game on Fox College Sports

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    As TAB said to me, my friend, priorities! It is not the first day of hunting season, so I do tend to think some folks should be able to tear themselves away for a game as potentially as big as this one. Everyone makes their own priorites, and I also could miss the game if some outside work came my way for the weekend that paid well.....

That makes TAB sad. That is not THEsocalledfan I went to college with. An opportunity for good tailgating and good football cannot be matched by any price tag. Will you be there? I will.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post

That makes TAB sad. That is not THEsocalledfan I went to college with. An opportunity for good tailgating and good football cannot be matched by any price tag. Will you be there? I will.
    I will be too, but I can be bought off!

As TAB said to me, my friend, priorities! It is not the first day of hunting season, so I do tend to think some folks should be able to tear themselves away for a game as potentially as big as this one. Everyone makes their own priorites, and I also could miss the game if some outside work came my way for the weekend that paid well.....
    Ah but it is the first day of the season. But you are correct it about priorities. So I will be spending that weekend with family and friends deer hunting. But I will be listening to the game in my box blind. I get the best of both worlds.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

I will be too, but I can be bought off!

OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Looking at your schedule on the gobison site, I noticed you guys call our game the Dakota Marker/Trees bowl.

I've never heard it called the Trees bowl...what is that all about? Obviously something similar to our "beef bowl" type thing but whats it all about?

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    Looking at your schedule on the gobison site, I noticed you guys call our game the Dakota Marker/Trees bowl.

I've never heard it called the Trees bowl...what is that all about?

Some sort of promotion thing, they plant a bunch of trees in the interest of wildlife conservation/support of the ag history of NDSU. Last year it was the game against MO St., I believe
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

mebisonII is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post

I've never heard it called the Trees bowl...what is that all about? Obviously something similar to our "beef bowl" type thing but whats it all about?
    At one game per year they give out a bunch of saplings. I don't recall who sponsors it, or if there's anything special to get the trees (1st so many hundred? kids only?), but I assume that that's what the Tree Bowl is about.

Edit: maybe they don't give out trees regularly and that just happened once when I was younger...or maybe I just made it up...I dunno

You guys are right. The ND Forest Service sponsors the game and provides a large number of saplings that are given out as people leave. There are about 3000 pine saplings every year, each 6-12 inches tall. Purpose-wise, it's probably a little closer to SDSU's Cereal Bowl than the Beef Bowl. I think NDSU's Harvest Bowl is more similar to the Beef Bowl.