Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: SDSU Game on Fox College Sports

Default Re: SDSU Game on Fox College Sports

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Any FSN chance for taht Nov. 13 SDSU game? conflicts?
    Doesn't matter...you will be at the game.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Doesn't matter...you will be at the game.
    So far, it it open, but I often have things "come out of the blue" during the fall for work on weekends. It currently blocked off for the game.

So far, it it open, but I often have things "come out of the blue" during the fall for work on weekends. It currently blocked off for the game.
    Priorities. Need to get them in order.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Minnesota Deer Hunting is Nov 6th & 13th, argh!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lakesbison View Post
    Minnesota Deer Hunting is Nov 6th & 13th, argh!!!!
    Why can't you go on Sunday? Or take of some time during the week?

Honest question, as I don't hunt. Heck, I got married on deer opener a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Aces1180 View Post
    Why can't you go on Sunday? Or take of some time during the week?

Honest question, as I don't hunt. Heck, I got married on deer opener a few years ago.
    The deer opener is magical just like the Bison opener. Just think of the excitement you have for the first game. The same applies to deer hunters on the opener.
    You also have the best chance to harvest a trophy deer on the opener. Plus its only a 9 day season and many only hunt on the weekends as they want to save vacation time.
    But many die hard hunters hunt before they go to work and hunt afterward as well.

You also have the camaraderie thing going on with your fellow hunters(think tailgating and seeing friends you havent seen in a long time) and many families get together at this time of year. Its a tradition.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    The deer opener is magical just like the Bison opener. Just think of the excitement you have for the first game. The same applies to deer hunters on the opener.
    You also have the best chance to harvest a trophy deer on the opener. Plus its only a 9 day season and many only hunt on the weekends as they want to save vacation time.
    But many die hard hunters hunt before they go to work and hunt afterward as well.

You also have the camaraderie thing going on with your fellow hunters(think tailgating and seeing friends you havent seen in a long time) and many families get together at this time of year. Its a tradition.
    Agree it is tradition for many, but also agree that folks can take one day off and and hunt all other times. Further, sounds like this is at the end of the 9 days season if I am understanding this; that first day is kind of like the walleye opener.....

Its a BIG deal in the area, you're fooling yourself if you dont think so.

For example, my uncles will just love when I say at 10Am, "well Im outta here to go tailgate for ndsu game" I just wish NDSU could have NIGHT GAMES during the hunting season,

is it REALLy that difficult to do as such?

Agree it is tradition for many, but also agree that folks can take one day off and and hunt all other times. Further, sounds like this is at the end of the 9 days season if I am understanding this; that first day is kind of like the walleye opener.....
    They can but why should they if they love hunting? Plus the Bison have already played 8 games by then.

I will be in Clearbrook MN which is only 2 hours away and I wont be at the SIU game. I also wont be at the SDSU game unless Iam tagged out.

It really is too bad that they dont hold these games later on in the evening.

And yes the deer opener is like the walleye opener. Many vacations are planned around both.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    They can but why should they if they love hunting? Plus the Bison have already played 8 games by then.

I will be in Clearbrook MN which is only 2 hours away and I wont be at the SIU game. I also wont be at the SDSU game unless Iam tagged out.

It really is too bad that they dont hold these games later on in the evening.

And yes the deer opener is like the walleye opener. Many vacations are planned around both.
    As TAB said to me, my friend, priorities! It is not the first day of hunting season, so I do tend to think some folks should be able to tear themselves away for a game as potentially as big as this one. Everyone makes their own priorites, and I also could miss the game if some outside work came my way for the weekend that paid well.....