Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU Game on Fox College Sports

Default Re: SDSU Game on Fox College Sports

Quote Originally Posted by DjKyRo View Post
    Agreed with Herd. I'll take exposure over no exposure.
    This. I'd like FSN as much as anyone but something's better than nothing.

BRING BACK SNORTY

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    We don't really call the shots when we are on the road. The other team has an AD as well. Some people will complain to simply complain. Game gets picked up on TV and people complain.

You can either attend a game, find it on TV, find it on the internet, or listen on the radio. Pretty simple if you ask me. Or we can simply find more things to bitch and moan about.

"Call FSN, they will work with you." This isn't like fixing your cell phone bill people. This is coordinating a contract to televise a game. It is common sense, you don't have to agree with everything, but lets be real with some of these comments. I have been pretty critical of our marketing department, or lack of our marketing department, but to make it sound like it is simple to get a TV game is not accurate.
    Burgunday, I repect your opinion on this, but I disagree. Some of us do not live in Fargo and it is hard for me to juggle work, family, and other responsbilities and make it to every game. Further, the internet option stinks (and I use it all the time); if they could get it up to TV quality, I will promise to shut up, but it still would not be as good for exposure as TV. (Unless TV dies and everything becomes internet based? I have heard those who feel this way....)

Many of us cannot watch games on statewide NBC, and now, in this case, FCS. It is not on standard packages, and is not available from all companies. We have every right to complain and I plan on not drinking the NDSU everything is great cool-aide until they have a way for those of us outside of the FM area to easily see games in a high quality fashion. Pipe dream? Maybe, but being satisifed with mediocrity makes you mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Actually, I checked with Dish Network and they don't even carry this channel. So, here we are on a channel that will have even less viewers than statewide NBC and we are celebrating? I am with Lakes, we need to be on FSN. Why is this so complicated? Move game times 8 AM (when on the road) if you have to!
    No college football games are ever on at 8 am local time

They need to pick up the phone, schedule a meeting with FSN north, and get 4-5 games in FSN a year.

granted FSN has Wild, Timberwolves & Gopher Hockey as their top 3 priorities, but if it means switching a game to 11Am on a saturday or Friday night, FSN is far and away the way to go to INCREASE NDSU exposure in the upper midwest and attract those area recruits.

Quote Originally Posted by lakesbison View Post
    They need to pick up the phone, schedule a meeting with FSN north, and get 4-5 games in FSN a year.

granted FSN has Wild, Timberwolves & Gopher Hockey as their top 3 priorities, but if it means switching a game to 11Am on a saturday or Friday night, FSN is far and away the way to go to INCREASE NDSU exposure in the upper midwest and attract those area recruits.
    FSN has a lot of Pac 10 and Big 12 football games. Highly doubt we can get even close to 5 Bison games on there annually

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

FCS will give more people around the country access (like me) but I agree, FSN would probably be the better option because it would reach more people more easily in the primary target areas. I get FSN on my sports package with AT&T Uverse but sometimes the channel I get shows the same stuff as all the other FS Network channels so I don't know if I would get to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by lakesbison View Post
    Hate to split hairs, but think the Twins are higher priority than all those 3 and the Twins are an issue for early season games.

Quote Originally Posted by ming01 View Post
    No college football games are ever on at 8 am local time
    Wow, did not know you were so literal! (Is there a point you are trying to make that just went over my head, or did you not understand the point I was making to move game times if needed? I even think home game times should be moved to get on TV, but have been crushed on this board whenever I mention that....)

I think someone should bend the new presidents ear about the DII coverage NDSU gets and how there is so much room for improvement. Might not be a top priority, but at least this guy is new, was part of a bigger school and is likely not a small thinker like most locals tend to be.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Wow, did not know you were so literal! (Is there a point you are trying to make that just went over my head, or did you not understand the point I was making to move game times if needed? I even think home game times should be moved to get on TV, but have been crushed on this board whenever I mention that....)

I agree. Just as long as they dont play any earlier. Afternoon and night games are just fine with me.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."