Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JUCO's

Default JUCO's

Just a question regarding JUCO's. Have we had any that have really panned out as advertised or had a major impact on the field of paly. I recall some that have contributed but none in a major way.

Default Re: JUCO's

Quote Originally Posted by bisontwice View Post
    Just a question regarding JUCO's. Have we had any that have really panned out as advertised or had a major impact on the field of paly. I recall some that have contributed but none in a major way.
    the only guy I remember is Christian Dallas and he only made a little contribution

I don't think that is fair. We've had a lot of guys who have played well for us from a Juco. They at least have given solid performances and minutes.

John Richardson
    Yuen T.
    Dwight Sumerville (nearly stopped Montana by himself in the second half!)
    Travis Ware
    Josh Gatlin
    Mike Brown
    AJ Cooper
    Pat Paschall
    Titus Mack (I have expectations for him to be good this year...we'll see.)

I know what you are saying...there has been a lot of disappointments, but we've had some success too.
    "Destiny's powerful hand has made the bed of my future, and it's up to me to lie in it. I am destined to be a superhero. To right wrongs, and to pound two-fisted justice into the hearts of evildoers everywhere. And you don't fight destiny. No sir. And, you don't eat crackers in the bed of your future, or you get all... scratchy." - The Tick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyJVaIrn0bw

Not trying to slam the JUCO's as my memory is being refreshed by some of these names. Just seems they come in with a lot of hype and don't live up to it. Was PP a JUCO or transfer?

The triumph of Paschall far outweighs the slip of Forbes, etc. in my mind (not to mention the other good JUCOs we've had).
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

Quote Originally Posted by bisontwice View Post
    Paschall was technically a JUCO even though we got 3 years out of him. Dwight Summerville, Alvin Robinson come to mind as great lineman. Rodney Thompson was good. AJ Cooper was a great TE. Richardson was a great corner. Christian Dallas was a solid player.

Over Bohl's tenure we've done a great job with JUCO's supplementing our D-Line but LATELY we've sort of fallen off. Let's hope Titus Mack, Josh Gatlin, Boen Anderson, and the rest of the guys can keep the great tradition going.

Not sure why but it seems like Juco's get injured, get in trouble, or don't make the grades lately.

Seems like NDSCS is a great place for Juco's because they are already comfortable living in the area and Wahpeton is only an hour from here but we lose out to FBS schools too often. NDSCS reminds me... Richard Lewis!

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think the JUCOs have contributed. I am hoping we can add Boyd to that list at the end of this season.

Notorious is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I've brought this up before, but why is it that we never seem to get a BCS drop-out that contributes? I think JUCOs have been decent over the years, but we never seem to get an impact player moving down. Is it a philosophy of Bohl's to not get these type of guys, or is there something we are missing? You would think we could pick up some Midwest guys (Big 10/12)...

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
    I've brought this up before, but why is it that we never seem to get a BCS drop-out that contributes? I think JUCOs have been decent over the years, but we never seem to get an impact player moving down. Is it a philosophy of Bohl's to not get these type of guys, or is there something we are missing? You would think we could pick up some Midwest guys (Big 10/12)...
    I've wondered the same thing. Hopefully Tyler Westpahl will be the first of many great transfers.

John Richardson contributed pretty well. Titus Mack showed some flashes last year and will be a viable backup this season. I'm expecting Josh Gatlin to have a big year for us.