Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Championship Banners in the Fargodome

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Championship Banners in the Fargodome

I am piggy backing this thread off an idea I got from the Lousiana Tech fan message board, bulldogs barks and bytes. For more information on that and the success that group has had with raising money please check out this thread.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19718

What I am proposing is that Bisonville raise the money to get 8 prominent national Championship Banners hung up in the dome. We have a damn proud football history and if you were attending your first game or were visiting from out of town, you would never know it. This has been a bone of contention for many of the Bison faithful and I say it is time to do something about it. First off, I need someone who is associated with the Teammakers leadership to propose this idea and then take it up with ADGT. Gene and the athletic department can design the banners however they want and hang them how they want. What we need from them is an official design and a place to donate the money to. Once the athletic department gets back to us we can start using the connections on Bisonville to get something done. Maybe someone knows a Bison alumnist in the business or perhaps is in the business themselves. My guess is the Fargodome doesn't want those monster hanging out all year long which is why we are stuck with the crap we have now. Perhaps somebody on here is a contractor and can put together a system to easily lower these banners for gameday.

What we need to start this process is a point man who knows Teammakers and the athletic department personal. The key is that the AD understands that we are not trying to undermine them, but rather help fund some small projects that we as fans would like to see get done. I have no idea how much this will cost, but this is a great way to get stuff done. If you don't believe me, check out the latech thread. I will be happy to keep track of pledges on here so either pm them to me or just list them here. Once we get a design and firm cost for these banners, we can start sending our pledges to teammaker or some other NDSU entity.

Mods, if one of the "names" on this board jumps in and agrees to relay this information will you sticky this at at the top of the page?

Lets get this done for the 2010 season. We can do this! For the strength of the Herd is the Bison And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

I'm in for $100

VanClubPres is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Championship Banners in the Fargodome

The boss and I are in as well. 100-200
    To the Herd!!!!

I have $300:

$100 for the banners
    $100 for new turf
    $100 for beer sales yeah I said it no reason I can't enjoy a beer during the game
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Im down for 50, if i get a new job before the offical donations start i may up it too 100.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

They should put Donated by Bisonville in green on the bottom of the banners
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sambini, Dormie, Roadwarrior....Any takers on being the point man on this?

I will donate 100 bucks in June. I am recieving a graduation gift of an undisclosed amount of money, but that won't be for another month or so.

So put me down for a Ben.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

99Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post

Mods, if one of the "names" on this board jumps in and agrees to relay this information will you sticky this at at the top of the page?
    I'll relay it. Jumping in

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Sambini, Dormie, Roadwarrior....Any takers on being the point man on this?
    Here is my suggestion: Put together your plan and your reasons for doing so and send Gene an email. A link is provided on gobison. I think you should have a game plan and see if that game plan can be accomplished before passing the hat.

533 In a row

You have 8 championships right? (I'm not 100% familiar)

Just an idea here: Why don't you do 1 banner for all 8 of the championships? It is from DII and I understand you have a storied history, but it would decrease the cost and give you the opportunity for future endeavors. (Like green padding around the Fargo dome, etc.) I think this is a great idea for fans as long as there is no overstepping into the athletic department. You guys/gals could really get some things done that fans would enjoy!