Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Mueller interviews at UMN

Default Re: Mueller interviews at UMN

I think the biggest thing is he thinks he has the talent to make another run for the next several years. He didn't really sound that interested in trying to rebuild for atleast 3 to 5 years.

Mueller + Whitney Johnson = CHAMPIONSHIP!

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Charley Walters Column in the St. Paul Pioneer Press 7/31

"Athletics director Joel Maturi is astounded that in this economy, four candidates have turned down an offer of nearly $90,000 annually plus use of a new car for the Gophers' softball coaching job."

I've not sure if anyone reported this. I've never seen a number before and am curious if this is accurate and if so, how this compares with his Bison salary. Course, $81,000 could be nearly $90,000 too.

What I have been hearing is the coaches are having great success on selling the program and have some real players coming to NDSU.

Da Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yesterday on the FAN Dan B. was lamenting the failure of the Gophs to get a softball coach. He must have brought up NDSU's Darren Mueller's name a dozen times. His sidekick pointed out that NDSU had a pretty nice program. He couldn't believe he would pass up the $.

Note to Danny B.: Its not about the Money.

As of a year or so ago, Mueller was making $62,000 at NDSU. He also probably got some sort of bonus for making the NCAA tourney the last two years and making the super regional last year. Sami Strinz at UND makes $41,900, and Kristin Boyes at MSUM makes $37,600. I found a graphic from the Forum that shows all the salaries of all the coaches and ADs from the three universities, but it doesn't have a date. From the coaches listed, it has to be within the last two years. It also only shows the base salaries, not any bonuses or extra compensations.

http://legacy.inforum.com/pdfs/0719%20Salaries.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    As of a year or so ago, Mueller was making $62,000 at NDSU. He also probably got some sort of bonus for making the NCAA tourney the last two years and making the super regional last year. Sami Strinz at UND makes $41,900, and Kristin Boyes at MSUM makes $37,600. I found a graphic from the Forum that shows all the salaries of all the coaches and ADs from the three universities, but it doesn't have a date. From the coaches listed, it has to be within the last two years. It also only shows the base salaries, not any bonuses or extra compensations.

http://legacy.inforum.com/pdfs/0719%20Salaries.pdf
    Didnt bohl make something like 300k one year when we were 10-1? I thought i read the forum making a huge deal about it.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

Quote Originally Posted by Twentysix View Post
    Didnt bohl make something like 300k one year when we were 10-1? I thought i read the forum making a huge deal about it.
    I think the graphic in the link is from the story you might be thinking of. The $180k in the graphic was Bohl's base pay. With camps, coach's show, and all possible bonuses, I think Bohl has the potential to reach $300k. He would need to win the MVFC, at least make the FCS championship game, and the dome would have to sell out just about every game(Bohl gets a small cut of the ticket sales or he gets a bonus at certain attendance milestones; I don't remember quite how that bonus works). The story was made into a big deal because Bohl had the potential to out earn Hak if both coaches maxed out their bonuses. It was the first time in quite a while(if ever) that an NDSU football coach could make more than a UND hockey coach. A big deal to some people.