Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: MWILL-----ready for takeoff

Default Re: MWILL-----ready for takeoff

I'm pumped his dad has knowledge and respect of the Bison tradition, that implies his son does too. I'll take a player who wants to be a Bison over one with the ability but who could care less who he plays for any day - from all accounts, we're getting both! Glad to have Marcus on the team.....s?
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    56.....I agree with Lakes. Ignore it, that way we don't have to watch your cute little ego battles. If he has a favorite player coming in, he starts a thread. Big deal. Ignore it if you don't like it.
    Agreed. And I finally get the whole 10 characters thing!! Yeah I'm a little slow sometimes.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Shout out for Marcus! Now take care of business and show you want to be a Bison off and on the field! Lakes, I really hope the kid is as great as you say he is........it's about time the Bison to start showing that they have the best athletes and a TEAM that can kick the crap out of anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by lakesbison View Post
    Just wanted to share an email about MWILL's dad(Marcus William's father)

I dont think he'll mind and it'll give you a perspective of the talent he possess's and the respect he and his father have for NDSU. Marcus will be treated as a true freshman this year (grayshirt) and was an immense talent for HOPKINS in the twin cities. He had multiple D1 offers in football & basketball, but CHOOSED NDSU even though he knew he'd have to sit out a year. His dedication shows his character and I just felt he should get his props and start to enjoy his playing time at NDSU

Best of Luck MWILL!!

--------------------------------

I cringed when Marcus decided to play ball for NDSU. I am a St. Cloud State Alum (1984 - 1987). I played quarterback for the Huskies during the hay day of the Bison and needless to say there was no love lost, especially since my classmate Mike "Spank" Favor loved to rub it in.

Just kidding, we had many great moments competing against one of the "best" programs of our time, and during a time when the NCC was a force in Division II sports. Over the years the Bison have built a very solid tradition, and I am proud that my son is now a part of it. Can't wait to see him at 100% playing football and basketball for the bison.

------------------------------------------------------------

Just something to get you guys fired up for the summer and the potential MWILL brings to the NDSU bison. His Father (Jeff Williams) was a straight up stud for ST CLOUD STATE, I remember watching him as a lil kid. He was athletic as all get out.

Please reply with respect, LETS GO BISON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Has the potential to be a rock star. I hope he can put it all together and contribute. He's got the skill and the will. Just needs to learn the defense and should be a force. I wouldn't be shocked if he plays as a freshman.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So, Lakes, does this mean that Marcus is academically eligible? I haven't seen anything about that so this is a genuine question.

I think Marcus does have the athletic ability to play right away, this assumes of course that the coaches will put him at CB. That is a position a TFr can come in and play right away and contribute. I thought Pierre did well last year despite never playing the position before. If they put Marcus at WR it will take him a couple of years to learn the offense and to get in sink with the QBs with their defensive reads.

I'm with you thought, I hope for the sake of the Bison Marcus is academically eligible. We need help in the defensive backfield.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    So, Lakes, does this mean that Marcus is academically eligible? I haven't seen anything about that so this is a genuine question.

I think Marcus does have the athletic ability to play right away, this assumes of course that the coaches will put him at CB. That is a position a TFr can come in and play right away and contribute. I thought Pierre did well last year despite never playing the position before. If they put Marcus at WR it will take him a couple of years to learn the offense and to get in sink with the QBs with their defensive reads.

I'm with you thought, I hope for the sake of the Bison Marcus is academically eligible. We need help in the defensive backfield.
    He is academically eligble. I have also been told that he will be only a CB, and was always recruited to play CB. Based on what I have seen of him on the basketball court, he is so far ahead of other athletically, that I think it will translate nicely to the football field. Can't wait to see him with some pads on.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Scooter1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I noticed that Marcus is listed on the official roster on NDSU's website.

He is #1 and listed as a DB. There has not been any designation yet between SS, FS, or CB.

#1 theres a sign right there. Theres your #1 selling jersey! Lots of history with that one!

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter1 View Post
    I noticed that Marcus is listed on the official roster on NDSU's website.

He is #1 and listed as a DB. There has not been any designation yet between SS, FS, or CB.
    Thanks for the info Burgundy!

I see they have Marcus listed as a RFr. I hope that is an error. If he was not on the squad last fall, didn't practice in fall or spring, and only took classes, then he was a grayshirt. That means his clock didn't start and he is a true Fr as far as his athletic clock. Someone associated with the program, as in Gradstudent, Kermit or otherwise should talk to the powers to be and make sure what is listed is correct.

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Thanks for the info Burgundy!

I see they have Marcus listed as a RFr. I hope that is an error. If he was not on the squad last fall, didn't practice in fall or spring, and only took classes, then he was a grayshirt. That means his clock didn't start and he is a true Fr as far as his athletic clock. Someone associated with the program, as in Gradstudent, Kermit or otherwise should talk to the powers to be and make sure what is listed is correct.
    First to clarify, I am just a fan and am not "associated with the program" beyond being a booster.

Unfortunately, I think the listing of Marcus Williams as a RFR is essentially correct and actually the best case scenario.

I am almost certain that Williams was an academic non-qualifier last year rather than a "grayshirt." An academic non-qualifier has to complete one full year of school and make satisfactory academic progress before becoming eligible to compete or practice with the team. I believe this is why Williams did not participate in spring football. I have been told that he is eligible now, and that is probably why he is now listed on the roster.

The worse news is that academic non-qualifiers not only has to wait a year to compete and practice, they also lose a year of eligibility and have a maximum of 3 years of competition--unless they have completed 80% of his/her degree requirement by the beginning of the fifth academic year, in which case the 4th year of eligibility is reinstated (see NCAA Divison I Manual, Article 14.3.3 at http://www.ncaapublications.com/prod...oads/D110.pdf).

The term grayshirt refers to a HS grad who delays enrollment in college until the spring semester, thus delaying the start of the 5-year clock for eligibility until enrollment. This tactic is typically used by schools who sign more than 25 freshmen because a maximum of 25 counters (players receiving some athletic financial aid) can enroll in the fall. A grayshirt football player would not be enrolled in school in the fall after HS graduation. They would start school in the spring and (if an academic qualifier) be eligible to participate in spring practice. They would still have true freshman status the following fall season and would have five football seasons to complete four years of eligibility.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden