Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargo in the next 10 years??

Default Re: Fargo in the next 10 years??

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy View Post
    ... if they can't find a parking spot 30 feet from the door of ...
    I enjoy listening to people who complain about parking anywhere and then drive to the gym to walk on a treadmill.

SKYLINE! With a few more buildings on both sides of the river, we could get our skyline to look like this other midwestern mid-size (well, getting big now) town:

Bonus points if you can guess the city (withhout cheating by doing a "save as")

They started a project to ensure water to Fargo back in the 60's (Garrison Diversion). It still isn't finished. As a matter of fact, that project also included a secondary canal to stabilize Devils Lake (New Rockford Canal) which is basically finished but never connected.

Right now, a plan to take water from Pelican Lake to the Sheyenne is being studied again. It would take the best water from Devils Lake so would do nothing for Devils Lake water quality but would be better quality water for downstream users. There is a real question of how much additional water the Sheyenne can handle.

I'm going with Omaha or Little Rock.

Edit: Do you guys remember where the UP Center was SUPPOSED to be? Someone offered to build an arena downtown, that would have housed NDSU basketball as well. NDSU didn't want to do that(I don't know details), but it basically caused the plan to fall apart. It would have put the UP Center downtown, had mixed commerical and a 12story condo/apartment complex that seriously took up like 3 blocks it looked like. Instead they built that 5 story building on 1st ave no. I think the big arena/condo was supposed to be placed where those run down shops and stuff are at on NP Ave right by Stop N Go or whatever. I think it was Brandt still was it not?
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Isn't Canada the problem with all of the bringing water to the Red River Valley. They are very against intermixing basins. Heck we have been in court with them for a long time now over it.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post

Edit: Do you guys remember where the UP Center was SUPPOSED to be? Someone offered to build an arena downtown, that would have housed NDSU basketball as well. NDSU didn't want to do that(I don't know details), but it basically caused the plan to fall apart. It would have put the UP Center downtown, had mixed commerical and a 12story condo/apartment complex that seriously took up like 3 blocks it looked like. Instead they built that 5 story building on 1st ave no. I think the big arena/condo was supposed to be placed where those run down shops and stuff are at on NP Ave right by Stop N Go or whatever. I think it was Brandt still was it not?

Yeah, it was Brandt, but the taxpayers voted against having to pay for it.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post

I remember that downtown UP center proposal. I voted for it, but 90% of Fargo didn't. It would have been awesome, minus the congestion problems that would have come up with 8,000 people trying to get into and out of downtown . I remember they had a sign up that said "Coming Soon: City Center Spring 2005!" And that they had that up well into 2007.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by MHDBisonfan View Post
    SKYLINE! With a few more buildings on both sides of the river, we could get our skyline to look like this other midwestern mid-size (well, getting big now) town:

Bonus points if you can guess the city (withhout cheating by doing a "save as")
    Dude. The Qwest building gives it away. Omaha, NE.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy View Post
    Yeah, it was Brandt, but the taxpayers voted against having to pay for it.
    Dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    I remember that downtown UP center proposal. I voted for it, but 90% of Fargo didn't. It would have been awesome, minus the congestion problems that would have come up with 8,000 people trying to get into and out of downtown . I remember they had a sign up that said "Coming Soon: City Center Spring 2005!" And that they had that up well into 2007.
    Yeah, that would have been HUGE for downtown. All the bar traffic before the games, residential traffic, etc would have made downtown blow up even more than it is now. Congestion would have been a fair trade off IMO. More reason to hang out at a bar/restaurant after games until traffic dies down!
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post

It was a poorly conceived concept, and there was never a definite direction for what they wanted to build and have the taxpayers foot the bill for. "It's for the kids", "We could get a minor league hockey team", "It could be the home for NDSU basketball", "It will seat 8,000", "It will seat 4,500", etc. etc...........
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved