Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: Fargo in the next 10 years??

Default Re: Fargo in the next 10 years??

Are they ever gonna get rid of the brown “skyscraper”?

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Fargo High Rise? Last I heard they're still talking about what to do with it. Everybody expects it to be demolished(including the current owners) as they believe it would be way too expensive to refurbish, but the decision hasn't been formally made yet. Since it's subsidized by the feds(I think), I expect there are more hoops to jump through than usual. I think they have to find new homes for all the current residents before they sell the place to developers, and I don't think that's finished yet. But I could easily be wrong as it's been several months since I've read anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    I find it odd that Chase is opening branches in Fargo. Another one on 13th Ave where Pier 1 Imports used to be. Large national banks don't do too well here. The locally owned banks kick ass in customer service.
    I make fun of my classmates who have accounts at major banks. Lol. You will never get the same customer service as you do at a small bank or credit union
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I make fun of my classmates who have accounts at major banks. Lol. You will never get the same customer service as you do at a small bank or credit union
    That's for sure. We've been credit union members since 1999 when we were first eligible to be in one. Now virtually anyone can be a member simply based on where you live. Our last experience at a bank was trying to get the cashier with a thick accent to understand that I wanted rolls of quarters for the laundry machines in our apartment complex.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Account size may alter that somewhat. If you get up to the Private Client level the customer service is pretty good. Not exactly Mr. Drysdale and Jane Hathaway good, but good.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Fargo High Rise? Last I heard they're still talking about what to do with it. Everybody expects it to be demolished(including the current owners) as they believe it would be way too expensive to refurbish, but the decision hasn't been formally made yet. Since it's subsidized by the feds(I think), I expect there are more hoops to jump through than usual. I think they have to find new homes for all the current residents before they sell the place to developers, and I don't think that's finished yet. But I could easily be wrong as it's been several months since I've read anything about it.
    The most recent article I could find was from August of this year that said "with plans or bids due by Nov. 16 and a final decision on Dec. 4."

Did that ever happen?

https://www.inforum.com/news/governm...bmit-proposals

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

What are you talking about man, my old big bank had great customer service. Opened up an extra checking account and credit card for me without even needing to ask me! So convenient!

ThunderDan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Civil06 View Post
    I agree. I rarely need a physical location but since switching from a large national bank I can't believe how much better the service is at our local banks.
    I don't think banks open locations for customers...it's for their employees.
    Only reason to go to a bank is if you are getting a loan (personal or business)

CAn do all your basic banking online with any bank now days

Local banks have better customer service but from what I have experienced their tech is dog crap in comparison to the big guys. I HATE everything about Alerus's online banking including it tendency to not be available/running correctly. Their last version sucked too but when you have 6-7 accounts someplace it's a pain in the ass to switch. I have a couple Ally accounts and I really like their tech.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Local banks have better customer service but from what I have experienced their tech is dog crap in comparison to the big guys. I HATE everything about Alerus's online banking including it tendency to not be available/running correctly. Their last version sucked too but when you have 6-7 accounts someplace it's a pain in the ass to switch. I have a couple Ally accounts and I really like their tech.
    Bell Bank is top notch, I'm only able to compare it to Wells Fargo but BB blows WF out of the water imo
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant