I was thinking about this: What kind of big construction project would you like to see happen in Fargo-Moorhead in the next 10 years?? Assuming the economy gets better, F-M could really start to take off, and it would be nice to see stuff being built that reflects that. Let's limit this to not being about NDSU/FBS. Maybe something like a huge new waterpark, or a BRT line, for example.

I personally would like to see another high rise building built downtown. And don't give me the soft soil excuse. It can be done downtown with enough money and investor's willingness to do it. It would just cost more money. I would like to personally see 5-6 stories of retail/residential on the corner of Broadway where the old US Bank Plaza is, and then build maybe a 12 story condo tower on top of that 5-6 floors of mixed-use. I would also like to see a new multiplex theatre downtown, like a 12-screen cinema. Also a couple new parking ramps downtown to take care of anyone complaining about parking. I'd also like to see either a southward extension of West Acres on the east side of the mall, or just build a second large mall (maybe 120 stores, 1 million sq. ft.) in the metro either in Moorhead ("East Acres") or somewhere in far south Fargo ("South Acres"??)

I would also like to see Urban Plains get completely built-in, with Brandt Crossing to the south built up as well. I see a place like the Fountains at Arbor Lakes in Maple Grove, MN and think that it would be a good model for something like Brandt Crossing, or the new Mercantile. I hope with 45th Street completed south of I-94 all the way past 52nd, that far-south 45th St. will boom like crazy. Again, it also depends on how well the economy does. With a good economy, I think the F-M metro has the potential to go from ~205,000 in 2010 to 300,000 people in 2020.

Your wishes for the next 10 years??