Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargo in the next 10 years??

Default Re: Fargo in the next 10 years??

It's nice that, if King House is no longer going to be there, the old Merchants Bank building will return to being a bank. Chase will be moving in after some reno work. It would be really nice if they rebuilt the front lower façade back to its original look, but I don't expect that. As long as whatever they do is tasteful, I won't complain.

https://www.inforum.com/business/682...House-location

Current look:

Original look:

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    It's nice that, if King House is no longer going to be there, the old Merchants Bank building will return to being a bank. Chase will be moving in after some reno work. It would be really nice if they rebuilt the front lower façade back to its original look, but I don't expect that. As long as whatever they do is tasteful, I won't complain.

https://www.inforum.com/business/682...House-location

Current look:

Original look:
    Damn thats as dumb as putting carpet or linoleum over wood. Old art decco details are my favorite. They really ruined a cool building, thanks for sharing

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I find it odd that Chase is opening branches in Fargo. Another one on 13th Ave where Pier 1 Imports used to be. Large national banks don't do too well here. The locally owned banks kick ass in customer service.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    Wonderful how routine a new project this big downtown is now. Gonna be a wildly different town in a decade.

https://www.inforum.com/news/governm...adway-and-Main
    Main Ave is going to eventually be really nice. What really needs a makeover are the buildings west of McDonald's on main to University and further west Also Epic bought the property to the east of the Fryin Pan and will be developing it

Drives me nuts you have all three classic downtown buildings and then no character to the west. Ugly 70s wood buildings, steel buildings, etc. Gotta be cheap land

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    I find it odd that Chase is opening branches in Fargo. Another one on 13th Ave where Pier 1 Imports used to be. Large national banks don't do too well here. The locally owned banks kick ass in customer service.
    I haven’t been inside a bank since I worked down at Wells Fargo Center in Minneapolis and the only reason I did then was because I had to pass the tellers on my way to/from my car.

Well except for that time I went to the TCF branch in Plymouth last spring wearing a mask and secretly carrying. That was exciting in a perverse sort of way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

They must be blown away by our booming economy during a pandemic. Growing by 37,000 people as metro in 9 years doesn't hurt either

Wondering if they will be the Chase Cafe bank that I have seen advertised.

Civil06 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I agree. I rarely need a physical location but since switching from a large national bank I can't believe how much better the service is at our local banks.
    "Rugby is a beastly game played by gentlemen; soccer is a gentleman's game played by beasts; football is a beastly game played by beasts."
    - Henry Blaha

Just to keep track, this doesn't include the

Recreational lake they are building in Southwest Fargo. Will have fishing, kayaking, beach volleyball and possibly swimming and a beach
    https://www.inforum.com/news/traffic...go-development

GIant sports complex on 64th Ave S (fundraising slowed by pandemic, probably spring of 2022 construction)
    https://www.inforum.com/sports/recre...m-the-pandemic

Suite Shots Golf (its owned by Top Golf)
    https://www.inforum.com/business/666...ction-in-Fargo

Amazon Fulfillment Center which is 1.3 million square feet.
    https://www.kvrr.com/2020/10/30/city...ming-to-fargo/

I'm pretty sure I missed 75% of what's actually being built but here are a few. We've added 2 parking ramps with free public parking on evenings and weekends. (Block 9 and Mercentile added Roberts Commons in 2019)

Most of these pics are North or downtown Fargo with a few pictures in the south. All of the pictures ones will be done within the next 2 years

Block 9 and Broadway Square. Free ice skating and 250 events per year on the grassy area with a stage

Above (^) Mercentile on Broadway. Parking garage behind it, also 7 townhouses being built behind it by the owners of the old Great Northern Depot ^

Kesler on 1st Ave N, is a continuation of Roberts Alley (below)

Where the Nestor used to be (below) Restaurant on the corner and 150 units (below)

(Below) Main Ave in front of the Fryin' Pan, the land to the east which is open land from a dike construction now will soon be developed

Broadway and Main Ave (above ^)

Below, Milton Earle Downtown is by the Santuary Events Center

Oak Grove (above) by the river. Not directly downtown but close by)

St Paul Newman Center, kitty corner from NDSU main gate on North University

(Above)^ Drekker Brewhalla addition will include hotel, apartments, 22k square foot eatery, events center)

701 Restaurant (below) is kitty corner from Fargo Brewing Company on North University. Fargo Brewing is also doing a big upgrade with an indoor concert hall, outdoor area, and outdoor stage.

ROCO... Anderson Field Softball Complex (this will be similar to the Lights in West Fargo) The park district wants to build a softball or baseball stadium to draw events

Then of course don't forget the IPF, which is apparently super close
    Last edited by HerdBot; 01-02-2021 at 02:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    Wondering if they will be the Chase Cafe bank that I have seen advertised.
    Physical banks are really just expensive billboards.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie