Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MAC interest in FCS teams (NDSU)?

Default MAC interest in FCS teams (NDSU)?

http://www.championshipsubdivisionne...log=2#more6628

this article from central michigan talks about potential teams to the MAC.

(at least it notes that we are the only team to whoop central michigan)

Default Re: MAC interest in FCS teams (NDSU)?

The article says we haven't had a winning season since beating Central Michigan but we went 6-5 in 2008. I wish they had gone more into the city and talked about how we are growing and may have the means to move up.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

exactly, hey at least we are 1 of 3 teams that they would be interested in.

mebisonII is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It never says they are looking at us. It simply says we are NOT looking to move up?

I agree that its too bad they glossed over the city of Fargo.

Quote Originally Posted by mebisonII View Post
    It never says they are looking at us. It simply says we are NOT looking to move up?

I agree that its too bad they glossed over the city of Fargo.
    I am mixed about the situation. I would love to move to the MAC in basketball, but I think we should stay in FCS because of playoffs for football. I think moving up to FBS is the equivalent of selling out in football. No playoffs. Nothing to play for but the garbage GMC Motor City Bowl or whatever.

No thanks. I would hate to think that I will never see NDSU football in a playoff game, and it's been what, 15 years since our last playoff game?

Quote Originally Posted by lakesbison View Post
    exactly, hey at least we are 1 of 3 teams that they would be interested in.
    Where does it say they would be interested in NDSU?

met1990 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bigskybears View Post
    Where does it say they would be interested in NDSU?
    Can you read? It says it in Lakes' thread title. Duh!

big sky.

because its an article by a MAC member (central michigan) and out of the 3 teams mentioned, 1 was NDSU.

it wasnt northern colorado so dont worry, you'll continue to suck in the big sky.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    I am mixed about the situation. I would love to move to the MAC in basketball, but I think we should stay in FCS because of playoffs for football. I think moving up to FBS is the equivalent of selling out in football. No playoffs. Nothing to play for but the garbage GMC Motor City Bowl or whatever.

No thanks. I would hate to think that I will never see NDSU football in a playoff game, and it's been what, 15 years since our last playoff game?

Love The MAC for basketball, but it would be selling out football? Basketball is the reason I don't want us in the MAC. When was the last time the MAC had more than one team in the tournament? What was Ohio's seed this year? To me the Summit and MAC aren't that far apart as far as basketball goes. We've proved, I think, that we are capable of putting a football team on the field that can compete with the MAC now. If we had the extra schollies and a few years to adjust, I think football would be just fine in the MAC long-term.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    Love The MAC for basketball, but it would be selling out football? Basketball is the reason I don't want us in the MAC. When was the last time the MAC had more than one team in the tournament? What was Ohio's seed this year? To me the Summit and MAC aren't that far apart as far as basketball goes. We've proved, I think, that we are capable of putting a football team on the field that can compete with the MAC now. If we had the extra schollies and a few years to adjust, I think football would be just fine in the MAC long-term.
    It's just personal preference. MAC isn't ideal, but it is a step up from the Summit. It's a middle dwelling conference just under the mid majors and the alongside the Horizon and WAC, etc. Those teams are stepping up into the Mid Major conferences. NDSU to get to that point would have to take steps. MAC would be a great next place.

As for football, my support would continue to waver if our National Championship so to speak is the GMAC Bowl, which is basically irrelevant in college football anyways. Just my humble opinion.