Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MAC interest in FCS teams (NDSU)?

Default Re: MAC interest in FCS teams (NDSU)?

Quote Originally Posted by lakesbison View Post
    But so is the 42 other bowl games.

only relevant bowl games are fiesta, sugar, rose, orange.
    There are other bowls that are nationally relevant like the Cotton Bowl, Outback Bowl and Gator Bowl. Unfortunately for NDSU all the decent bowls have deals in place with the major conferences. A 10-2 season probably gets you the GMAC bowl and 9-3 gets no bowl at all.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    To bring in a team like Oklahoma St., I would most definetely sign a 2-1. If NDSU ever did go FBS, I would hope Taylor/AD would schedule as aggressive as possible. I would be curious to see the attendance for a season which maybe had a MAC schedule and then a possible game against a team like OSU.
    A home game against any BCS team at the FFD would probably sell out in 30 minutes. You'd see scalpers outside the stadium selling for 5 times face value and there would probably be people hanging from the rafters.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonator View Post
    A home game against any BCS team at the FFD would probably sell out in 30 minutes. You'd see scalpers outside the stadium selling for 5 times face value and there would probably be people hanging from the rafters.
    And the Bismarck Tribune would still bury the box score in with the obituaries in the back of the sports section while pimping the skate blade sharpening radius used by the UND fourth-string team manager above the fold.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    And the Bismarck Tribune would still bury the box score in with the obituaries in the back of the sports section while pimping the skate blade sharpening radius used by the UND fourth-string team manager above the fold.
    I must spread some reputation around before giving it to Tatanka again.
    - Lou Holtz

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonator View Post
    I mean over the course of a season. It would sell out, but don't SDSU games sell out? Or do they not? I haven't been to a football game in like 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by cyborgg
    There are other bowls that are nationally relevant like the Cotton Bowl, Outback Bowl and Gator Bowl. Unfortunately for NDSU all the decent bowls have deals in place with the major conferences. A 10-2 season probably gets you the GMAC bowl and 9-3 gets no bowl at all.
    Ok, if that's true, I'm wondering why the MAC appeals to so many fans. A bowl game of a team from the MAC is less than desireable as it is, but if they don't even have an oppurtunity for a bigger one, why evern bother.

I'm getting more sick by the minute thinking about this possible jump up to a conference like the MAC.

Quote Originally Posted by RodentiaX View Post
    They days of non-BCS FBS teams playing all their games against FBS teams on the road are in the past.

Looking at Minnesota's schedule, there's games at Middle Tennessee State 10, Bowling Green 08, FAU, 07, Kent State 06, Tusla 05, Colorado State 04, Ohio 03, Louisiana Lafayette 02, Toledo 01.

I think this is fairly typicial, you can expect 2-1 or 1-1 deals with FBS teams these days.
    The MAC and Big Ten have a non-conf scheduling agreement. Yet another reason why talk of the WAC is, well, wiggity wiggity wack.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Quote Originally Posted by lakesbison View Post
    big sky.

because its an article by a MAC member (central michigan) and out of the 3 teams mentioned, 1 was NDSU.

it wasnt northern colorado so dont worry, you'll continue to suck in the big sky.
    You said the MAC has interest in NDSU. That's not what is stated in the article. By the way, we both had the same records last year.

Quote Originally Posted by cyborgg View Post
    That used to be true in the past, but it is no longer true. The MAC had 5 teams that went to bowl games last year.

Central Michigan was invited to a bowl game with 11 wins.
    Bowling Green was invited with 7 wins
    Ohio was invited with 9 wins
    Temple was invited with 9 wins
    Northern Illinois was invited with 7 wins.

Pretty much 7 wins and you're probably going to a bowl game.

Quote Originally Posted by RodentiaX View Post
    That used to be true in the past, but it is no longer true. The MAC had 5 teams that went to bowl games last year.

Central Michigan was invited to a bowl game with 11 wins.
    Bowling Green was invited with 7 wins
    Ohio was invited with 9 wins
    Temple was invited with 9 wins
    Northern Illinois was invited with 7 wins.

Pretty much 7 wins and you're probably going to a bowl game.
    You're right it's easier now, but like I said all the good bowl games like Cotton Bowl, Outback Bowl, and Gator Bowl have contracts in place with the major conferences. The 5 MAC teams faced Troy, Marshall, Idaho, UCLA, and South Florida. Not exactly must see TV.

Quote Originally Posted by cyborgg View Post
    You're right it's easier now, but like I said all the good bowl games like Cotton Bowl, Outback Bowl, and Gator Bowl have contracts in place with the major conferences. The 5 MAC teams faced Troy, Marshall, Idaho, UCLA, and South Florida. Not exactly must see TV.
    But doesn't every single crap-bowl game still get higher ratings than the FCS championship game??

This is just my personal opinion. But if you gave me the choice of seeing NDSU in the FCS championship or the New Mexico Bowl, I would chose the New Mexico Bowl. But that is just my opinion. I'm sure other Bison fans feel differently.
    - Lou Holtz