Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pat Paschall Released

Default Re: Pat Paschall Released

Fullback types are not a hot commodity in the CFL. Remember they don't go 1-2-3-kick, it is 1-2-kick. No place in that league for the 2 or 3 yard running play.

Backs most in demand are guys that can pick up blitzes and catch the ball well out of the backfield. Josh Ranek did very well up there.

You see a lot of American college players at wide receiver and defensive backfield spots.

Quote Originally Posted by MN_BISON View Post
    Players from the states are called imports.

Each team may dress a 42-man active roster consisting of:
    • 3 QBs (no designation)
    • 19 imports
    • 20 non-imports
    The 19 imports break down as follows:
    • 16 imports
    • 3 Designated Imports
    The three designated imports are players who can play on special teams OR replace an import starter (they cannot start).

Of the 24 starters on a team, a minimum of seven starters must be non-imports. When applied to a starting roster of a team it breaks down as follows (when using the minimum number of non-import players):
    • 1 QB
    • 16 starting imports
    • 7 starting non-imports

Import / Non-Import Classification

A player who was physically resident in Canada for an aggregate period of seven years prior to attaining the age of fifteen years qualifies as a non-import player.
    How in the heck did they come up with such a complicated system? Are the regulated by the government or something? I have trouble believing the private sector could possibly produce something so dumb....

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    How in the heck did they come up with such a complicated system? Are the regulated by the government or something? I have trouble believing the private sector could possibly produce something so dumb....
    Good post socalledfan.......I was thinking the exact same thing. Wow, just think if American sports had something similar. Notice how they give one more player allotment to Canadian players. Funny!

Canada has similar rules regarding Canadian artists on their radio stations and music tv. It's passed off as patriotism but most of it is crap.

It's not so hard to understand. Canada is pretty touchy about Labor laws. They also have a history of wacky rules about professional sports. There was a time when the Montreal Canadiens got first dibs on ALL players from Quebec. How do you think they won so many Cups?

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldCityBison View Post
    Canada has similar rules regarding Canadian artists on their radio stations and music tv. It's passed off as patriotism but most of it is crap.
    Doesn't it work that way for employees too? I had a buddy that worked up in Winnipeg and they eventually revoked his working privileges or something like that...it was really weird.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Doesn't it work that way for employees too? I had a buddy that worked up in Winnipeg and they eventually revoked his working privileges or something like that...it was really weird.
    Sounds like communism to me.....

Try to get a job in this country without a party card, i mean social security card.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    Try to get a job in this country without a party card, i mean social security card.
    Do they require the little red book too?

Oh Jesus Christ, keep the politics off this board PLEASE...
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz