Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: facilities question re NDSU/UND baseball from someone who doesn't follow either

Question facilities question re NDSU/UND baseball from someone who doesn't follow either

what are the NDSU/UND baseball programs going to do when the metrodome is torn down in a few years and minneapolis no longer "conveniently" provides them with an indoor baseball facility 5 hours away to play in during early/mid march when it is often still "iffy" with winter weather in north dakota?

from what i hear the vikings, minneapolis and minnesota are not interested in paying any extra money that would be required to make a new NFL football facility capable of hosting baseball as well. sounds like it would be a true football/soccer only facility with sightlines/seating to match.

thoughts? are there any facilities in north dakota that can be converted or used as-is for NDSU/UND early spring baseball?

Default Re: facilities question re NDSU/UND baseball from someone who doesn't follow either

Since NDSU has only played there a couple of times other than against the Gophers I don't think this is really a big deal if the facility disappears.

533 In a row

Default Re: facilities question re NDSU/UND baseball from someone who doesn't follow either

the game was only played cuz und begged for us to play after they rented it and couldnt find anyone else.

sorry, you lose again mplslaker. we dont care.

This doesn't make any sense. Besides the games against the UofM, NDSU has played 6 games in the last 5 years at the Metrodome. Why would we care if it closed?

Quote Originally Posted by MplsLaker View Post
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

what are the NDSU/UND baseball programs going to do when the metrodome is torn down in a few years and minneapolis no longer "conveniently" provides them with an indoor baseball facility 5 hours away to play in during early/mid march when it is often still "iffy" with winter weather in north dakota?

from what i hear the vikings, minneapolis and minnesota are not interested in paying any extra money that would be required to make a new NFL football facility capable of hosting baseball as well. sounds like it would be a true football/soccer only facility with sightlines/seating to match.

thoughts? are there any facilities in north dakota that can be converted or used as-is for NDSU/UND early spring baseball?
    We'll just not play or try to fit it in during April

Tear it down +++
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    This doesn't make any sense. Besides the games against the UofM, NDSU has played 6 games in the last 5 years at the Metrodome. Why would we care if it closed?
    actually, it makes tons of sense. second, that wasn't the question. it had nothing to do with the U of M. pretty sure i didn't even mention them in my question.

it was an actual question pertaining to whether or not there are any alternative options for north dakota schools to play baseball IN north dakota during march IF the metrodome in minneapolis is no longer a possible facility scheduling option for them anymore. it seems like NDSU/UND have been playing games in the dome the last few years during march (and not always against the gophers) and therefore i was wondering about the baseball facilities available in the state of ND when/if the minneapolis option no longer exists.

actually, it makes tons of sense. second, that wasn't the question. it had nothing to do with the U of M. pretty sure i didn't even mention them in my question.

it was an actual question pertaining to whether or not there are any alternative options for north dakota schools to play baseball IN north dakota during march IF the metrodome in minneapolis is no longer a possible facility scheduling option for them anymore. it seems like NDSU/UND have been playing games in the dome the last few years during march (and not always against the gophers) and therefore i was wondering about the baseball facilities available in the state of ND when/if the minneapolis option no longer exists.
    In which his response was 6 games other than the gophers(since you did bring them up now) in FIVE years. It's a non-issue in the grand scheme of things.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Oh lordy lord, what will we do without that amazing palace to baseball called the Metrodome!?! I mean, we rely on it every year because we poor North Dakota hicks can't play baseyball anywhere else. We play whole months in there.

Oh wait, we've played a total of two whole series in there in the last decade where the opponent wasn't the Gophers. One series was against UND this year in a move that was as much political as weather-related. And we played a doubleheader there versus St. Cloud State back in 2008 because we were already there from a Gopher game two days earlier. That's it. Wow. We really depend on the Dump for early season games don't we?

For the answer to your idiotic question(which was just you being a troll, of course), we'll continue to do what we've always done, and what every northern team does. We'll schedule lots of away games to southern schools early in the season and then schedule home games later in the season. What rocket science!

BTW, do they teach reading at Marquette? Because you are just a total fail in that area.
    Last edited by Hammersmith; 06-23-2010 at 06:46 AM. Reason: fixed numbnut's school - they must be so proud