Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dome Nazi back off...

heckler is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Dome Nazi back off...

Remember no coolers with beer logos on them!

Quote Originally Posted by heckler_of_the_north View Post
    Remember no coolers with beer logos on them!
    You've gotta be kidding me.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

K ya. heckl got that one

surprised we got in a few large games of tippy cup in though.

Bisonfan1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Im all for security up to a certain point but holy cow do they really need to spend that much money for an entire regiment in the tailgate lot ? We tailgated for 2 hours AFTER Kansas game in lot 90 and saw no security and probably could have stayed there all night long. I heard for next week that we will all be issued shock collars to turn in at gate on way out, you go past the hour after game ends and its ZAAAAAAAAAAAAP as a reminder to leave.
    West Lot Champions - 2008 Bison Pride Award/2009 Best Set-Up & Fan Favorite/ 2010 Fan Favorite / 2011 Fan Favorite - TOHBTC

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I've tailgated in Ann Arbor about 10 times for the Wolverines, in Eugene for the Ducks probably 50 times and in Seattle for the Huskies probably 7 or 8 times. In that time, I cannot remember one time seeing a cop except for traffic control at the entrance to the tailgate lots or on the field right before the end of half/game.

I swear, it all still goes back to that damn whiskey bottle going through the pressbox window in 1988.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonfan1 View Post
    Im all for security up to a certain point but holy cow do they really need to spend that much money for an entire regiment in the tailgate lot ? We tailgated for 2 hours AFTER Kansas game in lot 90 and saw no security and probably could have stayed there all night long. I heard for next week that we will all be issued shock collars to turn in at gate on way out, you go past the hour after game ends and its ZAAAAAAAAAAAAP as a reminder to leave.
    ++

has anything occurred in the lot that has merited more than a few security guards?

my experience is that tailgating is about as close as I'll every get to a hippie love fest - with the camaraderie and goodwill with people i share nothing with but a love of bison football, beer, food, and a good time.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Bisonfan1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    ++

has anything occurred in the lot that has merited more than a few security guards?

my experience is that tailgating is about as close as I'll every get to a hippie love fest - with the camaraderie and goodwill with people i share nothing with but a love of bison football, beer, food, and a good time.
    NOPE - SDBison was on top of the motorhome about 3 years ago leading cheers with a megaphone. That must be what prompted a large force of stormtroopers to maintain calm. Thanx SD, ruined it for everyone
    West Lot Champions - 2008 Bison Pride Award/2009 Best Set-Up & Fan Favorite/ 2010 Fan Favorite / 2011 Fan Favorite - TOHBTC

So it all stems back to SD...

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonfan1 View Post
    NOPE - SDBison was on top of the motorhome about 3 years ago leading cheers with a megaphone. That must be what prompted a large force of stormtroopers to maintain calm. Thanx SD, ruined it for everyone
    We need to have a SD type at every entrance with a megaphone as everyone comes in doors instructing and getting everyone fired up. Telling them:

We need you to be the 12th man. Stand up and yell and scream. If you can't do it often do on 3rd down. If you don't know what to yell just yell OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH in a single monotone noisy voice. We need to have a Dome field advantage.

It could be the "BE THE TWELFTH MAN" campaign. Then put the cheerleaders down front with "GET LOUD" Signs. That they hold up on 3rd downs. Flips and lifts are cool but lets get them "cheer leading".

The dome will follow if there is enough leading.