Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle Emanuel

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Kyle Emanuel

I'm in the online waiting room so I've got time.

Kyle's stats according to ncaa.com are at 27 tackles for loss which is 2nd 1.5 behind the leader. And he's tied for first in sacks at 16.5.

I can't imagine anyone in FCS football was more dominant than Kyle was this year. And in my opinion he should win the Buchanan award.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    I'm in the online waiting room so I've got time.

Kyle's stats according to ncaa.com are at 27 tackles for loss which is 2nd 1.5 behind the leader. And he's tied for first in sacks at 16.5.

I can't imagine anyone in FCS football was more dominant than Kyle was this year. And in my opinion he should win the Buchanan award.
    Considering this happened in the toughest conference in FCS with more than half the teams ranked makes it more impressive.
    "The desire to win is useless without the desire to prepare."

"I've coached in a lot of great venues during my career, but there is no place louder than the Fargodome. There is no verbal communication whatsoever when you are down on that field. It's unbelievable. It's the best atmosphere in college football - at any level." - Jeff Monken

Scooter1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Why are we getting our hopes up...you all know it is going to some montana st guy.

Of all the plays this year that Kyle has had, the one that impressed me the most was when he chased down David Johnson 13 yards downfield, on the opposite sideline, and caught him from behind. This is a RB with sub 4.5 speed who will be playing on Sundays and KE ran him down.

While it was an ugly game, that play was a microcosm of KE's entire career at NDSU. It was the fourth quarter of a game we were doing nothing in and he just never quits. I absolutely think he will get a shot on a NFL roster and feel some defensive coordinator will be completely enamored by him. They may get confused about where to put him, but someone will figure out how to get him on the field. 3-4 LB or 3rd down 3-4 DE, it doesn't matter, someone will figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    Of all the plays this year that Kyle has had, the one that impressed me the most was when he chased down David Johnson 13 yards downfield, on the opposite sideline, and caught him from behind. This is a RB with sub 4.5 speed who will be playing on Sundays and KE ran him down.
    This ^^^^ is right on! Johnson couldn't have been much more impressive and KE just chased him down like it was easy.

It takes some good coaching to go all the way but first you have to have the players. Players that have the talent, prowess and desire to do it all. Emanuel is really amazing.

Edit to add...after I posted this I told my wife I wanted to read TD577's post to her about Emanuel's great play. Before I could she said "you mean when he ran down David Johnson?! I gotta love my wife's love for Bison football!

I am betting he will go undrafted, but he will get a shot probably at first on a practice squad. Reminds me a bit of Johnny Randle in that he did not have the right size for the NFL, but has that second gear with a little bit of insanity.

I was unable to watch the UNI game, but didn't Emanuel run down Zenner downfield from the opposite side of the field?

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I was unable to watch the UNI game, but didn't Emanuel run down Zenner downfield from the opposite side of the field?
    He did. After shedding his blocker at the line.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

If Kyle doesn't win the Buck Buchanan aware I'll eat my own head.

....actually I already ate my own head when NDSU finished 11-1 and didn't get the #1 seed so I'll just say that he better win the damn Buchanan award.

Quote Originally Posted by Ndsu84 View Post
    This ^^^^ is right on! Johnson couldn't have been much more impressive and KE just chased him down like it was easy.

It takes some good coaching to go all the way but first you have to have the players. Players that have the talent, prowess and desire to do it all. Emanuel is really amazing.

Edit to add...after I posted this I told my wife I wanted to read TD577's post to her about Emanuel's great play. Before I could she said "you mean when he ran down David Johnson?! I gotta love my wife's love for Bison football!
    Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    He did. After shedding his blocker at the line.
    Not taking anything away from KE, as that would be ridiculous, and he did in fact run down both Johnson and Zenner. He did not catch them in a foot race, however, he caught them as a result of dogged pursuit, desire and determination. Both Z and J were slowed by would-be tacklers downfield and or from cuts made off of downfield blocks, but KE just kept coming. No way he catches either of them in a flat-out foot race tho, but I would take KE on my team over either Z of J.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.