Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle Emanuel

Default Re: Kyle Emanuel

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    Forget just DE, is there a better defensive player period?? I've been saying since game 1 that if he's not careful he's going to win the Buchanan award (Defensive player of the year). I would be shocked to know that there is a more dominant defensive player out there right now, especially since I've seen plenty of offenses double teaming him. I think it was last week at USD, they had their tackle working on KE, then KE pushed him to the side but had the guard waiting for him and he still almost got to the QB.

KE will never win a national award. To many players have gaudy stats from crap leagues.

But I agree. When he steps on the field, he is the best player out there.

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    KE will never win a national award. To many players have gaudy stats from crap leagues.

Kyle's stats are very impressive..3rd in sacks, 5th in tackles for loss and 15th in forced fumbles. All while playing in the best league...he has a real chance.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Kyle's stats are very impressive..3rd in sacks, 5th in tackles for loss and 15th in forced fumbles. All while playing in the best league...he has a real chance.

Hey, you may be right and I hope you are.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post

He's got a great chance to win it. A DE has won the Buchanan like 7 out of the last 10 years. Last year Daly from Montana St had 14 sacks and 20.5 tackles for loss. The year before Schreibeis from Montana St won it with 12.5 sacks and 15 for loss. KE has 12.5 sacks and 18.5 tackles for loss with 3 more games to go.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    He's got a great chance to win it. A DE has won the Buchanan like 7 out of the last 10 years. Last year Daly from Montana St had 14 sacks and 20.5 tackles for loss. The year before Schreibeis from Montana St won it with 12.5 sacks and 15 for loss. KE has 12.5 sacks and 18.5 tackles for loss with 3 more games to go.
    Like BisoninNWMN said, "hope your right."

North Dakota State defensive end Kyle Emanuel was named to the College Football Performance Awards watch list for the FCS National Defensive Performer of the Year on Wednesday, Nov. 5. The list includes 30 players from the Football Championship Subdivision - 13 linebackers, 12 defensive linemen and five defensive backs.
    http://www.gobison.com/news/2014/11/...105142455.aspx

Five North Dakota State University football players were voted to the Capital One Academic All-District 6 team announced Thursday, Nov. 6, by the College Sports Information Directors of America.

Quarterback Carson Wentz, wide receiver Zach Vraa, center Jesse Hinz, outside linebacker Esley Thorton and defensive end Kyle Emanuel advance to the national ballot for Capital One Academic All-America® honors to be announced later this month.
    http://www.gobison.com/news/2014/11/...106144312.aspx

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

10 tackles, 2 sacks, and 1 INT today. I would guess MVFC Defensive Player of the Week honors again.

Kyle's a beast. Having a great season.

Quote from The Forum:

Emanuel has a career-high 15.5 sacks this season, moving closer to the school record for career sacks. Emanuel has 36 after Saturday’s performance that included 3.5 tackles for a loss. Phil Hansen (1987-90) and Jerry Dahl (1973-74) are tied for the program record with 41 sacks.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN