Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle Emanuel

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Kyle Emanuel

When you see these numbers the average player is far from set for life but at least has a good start to banking some money and has extra income when they reach retirement age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Surprised to hear he is retiring. He was the only person I had class with that was in the NFL.

I don't know Kyle personally but from the outside looking in I have no doubt that he will be successful in whatever he does in life.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    $5600 for each year. so $26,000 year.

"The average annual pension benefit in 2014 was about $43,000, according to the Society of Actuaries analysis of NFL filings submitted to the Labor Department. The NFL paid out $181 million in retiree payments for the year ended March 31, 2015.

Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning, based on his current 18 years of experience, would receive an annual pension of $107,040, according to a Society of Actuaries estimate of NFL contractual data. That compares with the pension check of a three-year player of $21,360."

Note - articles have stated that a player becomes vested after 3 years in the NFL (the average player lasts 4 years in the NFL) - and according to this article, the player gets to collect starting at age 55
    But they have option for the health plan that is huge benefit when they retire from the NFL. I know a journey man qb from Green Bay. Got vested, but was able to get NFL health plan, as a result he said he was able to teach high school and coach since he didn't have to pay for health care.

The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post
    Surprised to hear he is retiring. He was the only person I had class with that was in the NFL.
    Mine was Lamar Gordon, lol.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Even at a weak 5%, a Million dollars will yield about 50k a year. That's nice sitting on your butt income. Even a moderately good planner can get more than that.
    At the end of the day he could find any job making a moderate income and live just fine.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Even at a weak 5%, a Million dollars will yield about 50k a year. That's nice sitting on your butt income. Even a moderately good planner can get more than that.
    At the end of the day he could find any job making a moderate income and live just fine.
    Yep. Once you can get a nest egg big enough to generate a normal income, you're doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    You got a planner who can get me 5% with no threat to that principal? I'd sure like an introduction. I had a neighbor a few years back when I lived in a predominantly Jewish neighborhood near the twin cities who had a guy like that who generated "annuity-like" income year after year. My neighbor was foolish enough to put nearly his entire net worth with that dude. Dude's name was Bernard Madoff. Fortunately for my ex-neighbor the pancreatic cancer saved him the ignominy of the bankruptcy that his wife has been made to endure.

The only risk free vehicle that I know of is good old US Treasuries and there aren't any of those paying anywhere close to 5%. https://www.treasury.gov/resource-ce...spx?data=yield

And remember, Kyle got a degree from NDSU so finding a good job won't be a problem. It's not like he has to make his NFL money last the rest of his life.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA