Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle Emanuel

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Kyle Emanuel

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    I would like to be wrong but I don't see him making it in the NFL. He is just too small for D-line and watching him run he is fast for a college DE but not NFL LB speed. He will likely get a camp invite and who knows....if i remember correctly John Randle was pretty small too
    Pretty much agree.

Randle was mainly a DT and I don't think KE has that type of quickness.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    Pretty much agree.

Randle was mainly a DT and I don't think KE has that type of quickness.
    Randle's case has always baffled me a little. Scouts and coaches didn't see the talent, production, or physical ability in him to make him worth drafting but when he came to Vikes camp undrafted he was an athletic freak. Those early 90's lines with Randle, Doleman and Henry Thomas were better than good. KE is definitely worth a camp invite if he doesn't get drafted.

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    He is bigger, taller, faster and a better all around football player than Joe Mays IMHO. Better tackler as well. Plus he is very good on special teams.
    I'm not so sure about that. I distinctly remember Mays on deep downfield coverage over the middle. It obviously wasn't his specialty, but he could move. Also, bigger? No. Mays was a 245 lb wrecking ball on his short (relatively speaking) frame. If you had ever seen this dude in the gym you would not be saying that. Taller, yes. I will give you that. Tackler, probably. Mays ran people over and didn't need to tackle.

Both are great players! Couldn't be more happy that they are in green and gold.

Mays wiffed his fair share as well. Both are great.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by bisonhusker View Post
    So I am down in Omaha last weekend (quite possibly having a drink with a buddy at a downtown favorite) when we run into a couple guys our age. Next to us at the bar. When he finds out I am from Fargo, he says...."Are you a Bison fan?"

I said...Yep. (But at this point, I was sort of baiting him into what he would say). I thought maybe he was a Jack fan or something...who knows.

Anyway, he says.....You just signed a complete stud. Kyle Emmanuel. He goes onto say that he is one of those kids. He is faster than you, tougher than you, meaner than you, smarter than you, bigger than you....etc. He wouldn't stop raving about him. He got me so fired up about this kid. Said he won't just come play, he will change a defense. Said he a great leader and from a tremendous family. He is from the same hometown, but about 20 years older. He said that his Dad still follows it pretty closely. He stated he is 6'3 and 225 and ready to come play.

As a huge Nebraska fan, and someone who follows our recruiting in Nebraska quite closely, I think the three kids we got from Nebraska last year are going to be difference makers.

Sounds like the coaches got another one. He said that the Huskers were upset that he didn't accept their walk on offer.
    Going back 4 years and reading this. Glad Kyle is a Bison.

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    Going back 4 years and reading this. Glad Kyle is a Bison.
    Pretty nice. Guy was sure right.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
    I'm not so sure about that. I distinctly remember Mays on deep downfield coverage over the middle. It obviously wasn't his specialty, but he could move. Also, bigger? No. Mays was a 245 lb wrecking ball on his short (relatively speaking) frame. If you had ever seen this dude in the gym you would not be saying that. Taller, yes. I will give you that. Tackler, probably. Mays ran people over and didn't need to tackle.

Both are great players! Couldn't be more happy that they are in green and gold.
    Yeah, Mays was a beast in the middle. Great run stopped and was unbelievable at shedding a blocker and making a tackle. He was great at NDSU, but he's put a LOT of work in since he left Fargo to get where he is not. He's a really big man right now.
    "The desire to win is useless without the desire to prepare."

"I've coached in a lot of great venues during my career, but there is no place louder than the Fargodome. There is no verbal communication whatsoever when you are down on that field. It's unbelievable. It's the best atmosphere in college football - at any level." - Jeff Monken

I thought the entire OLB scouting premise of a 3-4 defense in the NFL was to look for tweeners. Guys that are too small to play DE in a 4-3 and maybe not have that side to side movement of a 4-3 OLB. They can rush the passer and tackle when the running game is pushed to their side. I know it was a different era, but looking up 3-4 defenses you can't help but look at the Big Blue Wrecking Crew of the Giants with LT, Carsons, and Banks as ones I can remember and they were all like 230 lbs. There are guys like Jabaal Sheard who have made it in the NFL who don't sound like he has any more game than Emanuel. Another guy like Jarvis Jones who sounds very similar around the same size is holding a job at the next level.

I think with the right defense and the right situation, he could be working on Sundays next year. Some guys like him explode at the next level, as well, because opposing teams can't focus as much attention on him as a college opponent can. Also more NFL guys can handle business on their own, too, so he will see bigger, stronger, faster lineman every day. I think someone will give him an invite, at the very least, if not outright drafted, and he will be given a shot. What else more can a guy ask for?

Love the quote from Joe Glenn about Kyle Emanuel.......

Defensively, the Bison have retained many of their standout players from a year ago, led by 6-foot-3, 251-pound end Kyle Emanuel, who has 14 tackles for loss this season.

It is Emanuel's disruptive presence that is of particular concern for the Coyotes, who haven't been able to score more than 16 points in any of the last three games.

"He's a lot like Tyler Starr," USD coach Joe Glenn said of Emanuel. "He's built different, but
    he's the best player in the league and the second-best isn't real close."
    http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...-usd/17892099/

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Love the quote from Joe Glenn about Kyle Emanuel.......

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...-usd/17892099/
    I love Glenn's quotes. Today on the radio they said that in this weeks press conference they asked Joe how his recruiting class last year is shaping up and he said his two favorite recruits are wearing Bison uniforms.