Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle Emanuel

Default Re: Kyle Emanuel

Money is no good if you aren't able to enjoy life. Look at how many guys who have been longtime nfl careers and are suffering with pain. It's not worth it. He can still have a long career working a different job and not take the physical toll.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Gah! I just had a thought*. He's a good-looking guy (or so I've heard - I can't tell) and he's in LA. Maybe they are pitching the Bachelor or something like that to him. Please no. I do not want to watch that kind of show.

* Shut up.
    He can move to Omaha and live for the rest of his life on that money. That is more likely.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    He can move to Omaha and live for the rest of his life on that money. That is more likely.
    $3.7 million, after taxes a lot less, too young for that to last by itself but it will certainly make life easier and give him a lot of options.

Google says average nfl players career 3.3 years.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    $3.7 million, after taxes a lot less, too young for that to last by itself but it will certainly make life easier and give him a lot of options.
    Will he receive a monthly retirement check from the NFL? Is so how much

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by garbageman View Post
    Someone above stated 4 years... I can’t imagine he’d quit before that unless the game absolutely didn’t do much for him. You’d think his skill level is still good enough to make a team gut it out another year if that’s the case. Who’s knows. Best of luck to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My guess is he would have been willing to keep playing for a solid money, veteran deal but was not finding any takers. He would have had to slug it out as a special teamer, year to year and thought about the injuries, and said that's it. I don't blame him at all since as he already did great, has a degree, and can do whatever he wants.

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    My guess is he would have been willing to keep playing for a solid money, veteran deal but was not finding any takers. He would have had to slug it out as a special teamer, year to year and thought about the injuries, and said that's it. I don't blame him at all since as he already did great, has a degree, and can do whatever he wants.
    I agree. I think if he were even to get like a 3y/$15m deal he'd still be playing.

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by garbageman View Post
    I don't know about the monthly retirement when that starts, but they also qualify for lifetime health insurance program.

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    I don't know about the monthly retirement when that starts, but they also qualify for lifetime health insurance program.
    $5600 for each year. so $26,000 year.

"The average annual pension benefit in 2014 was about $43,000, according to the Society of Actuaries analysis of NFL filings submitted to the Labor Department. The NFL paid out $181 million in retiree payments for the year ended March 31, 2015.

Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning, based on his current 18 years of experience, would receive an annual pension of $107,040, according to a Society of Actuaries estimate of NFL contractual data. That compares with the pension check of a three-year player of $21,360."

Note - articles have stated that a player becomes vested after 3 years in the NFL (the average player lasts 4 years in the NFL) - and according to this article, the player gets to collect starting at age 55
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?