Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle Emanuel

bisonhusker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Kyle Emanuel

So I am down in Omaha last weekend (quite possibly having a drink with a buddy at a downtown favorite) when we run into a couple guys our age. Next to us at the bar. When he finds out I am from Fargo, he says...."Are you a Bison fan?"

I said...Yep. (But at this point, I was sort of baiting him into what he would say). I thought maybe he was a Jack fan or something...who knows.

Anyway, he says.....You just signed a complete stud. Kyle Emmanuel. He goes onto say that he is one of those kids. He is faster than you, tougher than you, meaner than you, smarter than you, bigger than you....etc. He wouldn't stop raving about him. He got me so fired up about this kid. Said he won't just come play, he will change a defense. Said he a great leader and from a tremendous family. He is from the same hometown, but about 20 years older. He said that his Dad still follows it pretty closely. He stated he is 6'3 and 225 and ready to come play.

As a huge Nebraska fan, and someone who follows our recruiting in Nebraska quite closely, I think the three kids we got from Nebraska last year are going to be difference makers.

Sounds like the coaches got another one. He said that the Huskers were upset that he didn't accept their walk on offer.

Default Re: Kyle Emmanuel

Emanuel, standing at 6-2, 215 pounds, has really been a rising star for his coach Fred Doscher over the last few years. Playing running back and linebacker, Doscher has plenty of praise for the senior-to-be. He rushed for 1,461 yards and 16 touchdowns as a running back in 2008. Defensively, he had big stats as well with 73 total tackles (53 unassisted), one sack, two interceptions, and a fumble recovery.

2010 linebacker prospect Kyle Emanuel had a big year last season with over 1,000 yards rushing and 73 tackles on defense.
    "He's the real deal," Doscher said. "Running back-wise, we had a kid years ago named Justin Nelson who was a pretty darn good football payer – but Kyle might be the best back we've ever had. He just has the God-given talent. He's good at anything he does – basketball, football, baseball – has a 4.0 and is No. 1 in his class.

"With his strength, I think as a sophomore, his combination of bench, squat and dead lift was close to 1200 pounds. I think he's going to be the real deal at the next level."

Emanuel has showed his stuff to the school he grew up watching – Nebraska – at a camp in Lincoln this past summer.

"It kind of showed me how I stack up against other competition," Emanuel said. "During the camp, I would go against other juniors or juniors-to-be I should say. It showed me how I stood with the other guys.

"I'd love to play for Nebraska. I've been a fan for a long time, the Tunnel Walk…that'd be a dream come true for me. If I could go anywhere, that'd be where I go."

His coach, however, says that interest is coming from other schools than just the Huskers.

"I think Alabama and UCLA have asked for film on him," Doscher said. "So, I think he's going to be getting a lot more. Once some of those schools start asking, the others aren't too far behind."

Jdubs21 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

i've been excited about this kid ever since i started researching him after he verballed...havent heard a single complaint yet...and probably never will

Always cool to hear hype about recruits, particularly when it's apart of a class as great as our most recent one. I'm really looking forward to seeing these guys make some noise in the next few years.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

This kid sounds like exactly the type of player we need. Stud, plain and simple. We look to have a couple GREAT future Bison LBs.

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    This kid sounds like exactly the type of player we need. Stud, plain and simple. We look to have a couple GREAT future Bison LBs.
    Yup! I think so. He can make a difference while playing. One can figure out what he is doing. Great stuff.
    "Going High"
    Get-- Tickets

Alot more steam about Emmanuel after reading Izzo's blog. I recently heard this kid is so good, big and athletic, he is one of those kids who could start for us at DE, LB, TE and FB. Gotta love an athlete with his size, and to be the strongest kid on the team. Going to be fun to watch him at DE for the next 4 years. Great kid.

Strongest kid on the team at 225-235lb (I'm assuming he is in this range now) is absolutely amazing. Doesn't this sound like a great MLB in the making? Big, tough, fast and smart?
    Last edited by westnodak93bison; 03-31-2011 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Strongest kid on the team at 225-235lb (I'm assuming he is in this range now) is absolutely amazing. Doesn't this sound like a great MLB in the making? Big, tough, fast and smart?
    The numbers he is putting up are probably Joe Toth'esque. I remember seeing his name at the top of the weightlifting boards in the old weight room in the BSA (sqaut, bench, clean). I remember reading he had an about an 800 lb squat and a 405 lb clean. Keep in mind Coach Bliss let us get away with not going to the same depth in the squat as in a powerlifting meet, but those were still some damn impressive numbers.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

His first name seems kinda wimpy to me--not sure why!?
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.