Page 26 of 44 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruiting: Class of 2011 and beyond

bisonhusker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Recruiting: Class of 2011 and beyond

I think Steve Showalter may end up watching Kading play alot over the next few years.

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The Bison need to add some toughness and leadership to their team. I think they are on the right track. Here are a few tidbits about the kids the Bison have signed for 2011 and a couple of targets for 2012 (my apologies in advance to those that are offended by the recruitment of "sconnies")

Chris Kading:
    http://www.wissports.net/article.asp...3710&sportID=1

The Maurice Lucas Enforcer Award Winner is Chris Kading of DePere. Lucas, the former Marquette great who passed away earlier this year, was known as a physical enforcer during his long and successful career in the NBA. Kading plays a similar role for the Redbirds by using his length, body control, physical strength and athleticism to make things difficult for opponents in the lane. Kading plays within himself exceptionally well on the offensive end of the floor and cleans the glass on the defensive end.
    Joel Lindberg:
    http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/eve...cle/id/186998/

Four-year starting point guard Joel Lindberg is one of eight seniors on the roster. Lindberg, who averaged 21.8 points, 7.0 rebounds and 6.9 assists per game while shooting 61 percent from 3-point range as a junior, signed with Division I North Dakota State this fall.

“He has been the leader,” Kontny said. “When we get down the stretch, it’s no secret that we want the basketball in his hands. He’s not only good offensively, but defensively as well, and is our emotional leader. Anytime you can have someone at the point for four years, you’re pretty lucky.”
    Zak Showalter:
    http://toledo.scout.com/2/1036398.html

More than anything, Litscher just thinks that Showalter brings a toughness and ability to help his team win basketball games.

“He is one of those guys that you want on your team because he is tough, he is going to get every loose ball, and do all the little things to help you win,” said Litscher.
    Brett VandenBergh:
    http://www.wissports.net/sports/hoop...123&id=1028639

Few players were as impressive as De Pere wing Brett VandenBergh, a physically and mentally tough 6-4 wing player who matched up against Tokoto in a very competitive semifinal contest eventually won by the Playground Warriors. VandenBergh showed grit and determination while guarding Tokoto, and was able to repeatedly score from the perimeter and off aggressive drives to the basket. Definitely a player to watch for the future.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Wait. 4 sconi's. R u kidding ? SMH.

50 D1 MINNESOTANS THIS YEAR ALONE, CMON MAN.

Quote Originally Posted by lakesbison View Post
    Wait. 4 sconi's. R u kidding ? SMH.

50 D1 MINNESOTANS THIS YEAR ALONE, CMON MAN.
    Who cares where they are from, 4m. I don't care if they come from Antarctica as long as they can play.

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    Who cares where they are from, 4m. I don't care if they come from Antarctica as long as they can play.
    It's ok HandoEX. Lakes is just sharing a private joke with his buddy. Lakes loves Saul and he knows that Saul has 7 minnesotans on his team right now.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Found this quote about Showalter from Mark Miller(Wissports.com writer)...

Tough question on Zak Showalter and what level he'll wind up at. He's a 6-2 wing guard who plays extremely hard. Good, but not great, perimeter shooter. Feisty on the court like his dad was. He currently has offers from North Dakota State and South Dakota State.

He doesn't fit the high-level recruit profile for a two-guard in terms of size and athleticism, but his heart and effort make up for a lot.
    His dad played for Bo Ryan at Platteville.

Here is another Mark Miller quote, talking about how Zak preformed at the Prep Showcase this fall...

Underclass Performer Of The Day

Germantown had five kids take part in the Showcase and each and every one of them was extremely impressive. There is no question the Warhawks are positioned for a banner 2010-11 campaign under the guidance of coach Steve Showalter. His son, Zak, a rugged 6-2 junior, was voted the top underclass performer of the day because he once again played with energy, toughness and a zeal that, quite frankly, no other player in the state, regardless of class, can match. Quite simply, Showalter is a player coaches at every level want to go to war with because he does all the little things necessary to win games. And he does them game after game after game. His improved perimeter stroke was impressive, but it’s Showalter’s basketball I.Q. and toughness that continually stand out.

I also found this on a Bradley hoops blog...

“Zak is really turning himself into a combo guard,” .. averaging over 20 points per game as well as doing a good job of dishing out assists and attacking the glass.

“North Dakota State and South Dakota State have both offered,” said Litscher. “I spoke to his dad recently and about 25 schools have expressed interest and been around for open gyms, practices, and games. Indiana State, Creighton, and Miami-Ohio have all been real interested as have Drake, Bradley, and Ivy League schools.”
    As a 3.8 GPA student, Showalter is no doubt focused on academics.."
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Kermit well, my.mom was born in germantown then moved here at age 3, so ill let zac slide...

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    The Bison need to add some toughness and leadership to their team. I think they are on the right track. Here are a few tidbits about the kids the Bison have signed for 2011 and a couple of targets for 2012 (my apologies in advance to those that are offended by the recruitment of "sconnies")

Chris Kading:
    http://www.wissports.net/article.asp...3710&sportID=1

Joel Lindberg:
    http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/eve...cle/id/186998/

Zak Showalter:
    http://toledo.scout.com/2/1036398.html

Brett VandenBergh:
    http://www.wissports.net/sports/hoop...123&id=1028639
    We also need more athleticism in our backcourt

Quote Originally Posted by ming01 View Post
    Hale does have a 42 1/2 inch vertical, he should help in a big way.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by ming01 View Post
    You are correct sir. Hale will help. The last available scholarship for next year may be used for this purpose as well.
    — John Wooden