Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU offers Milwaukee Bradley Tech RB Marcus Horne - 2012

Default Re: NDSU offers Milwaukee Bradley Tech RB Marcus Horne - 2012

Another example of a failed greyshirt experience. Horne is playing at a AZ JC. Initial indications are NDSU is still interested. Film look goods and I would not be surprised to see a JC or FBS transfer at RB in the 2014 class. In fact I kind of expect one

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2716664/highlights/63355396

I thought he was transferred to UNI What ever happened there?????

I believe he actually redshirted at Michigan St and not a grey shirt being he was listed on the roster. See his MSU page below.

This whole situation seems really bizarre. Rumored to have verballed to us, then chose MSU, then was rumored to transfer to UNI, ultimately to end up at a AZ CC.....ultimately I trust the coaches here. He was a guy I really wanted in the 2011 class.

http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-..._marcus00.html
    Last edited by Herd890; 11-05-2013 at 12:25 AM.

I remember being very disappointed when Horne decided to give Michigan State a try after it was reported he verballed to NDSU. Been following him closely the last two years. Glad to see we still have a shot, could be tough to beat out that Colorado offer though. Marcus Horne and John Crockett would be an amazing 1-2 punch next year.

Quote Originally Posted by laketrout24 View Post
    I remember being very disappointed when Horne decided to give Michigan State a try after it was reported he verballed to NDSU. Been following him closely the last two years. Glad to see we still have a shot, could be tough to beat out that Colorado offer though. Marcus Horne and John Crockett would be an amazing 1-2 punch next year.
    Interesting. Michigan State is one thing but Colorado isn't exactly Michigan State. Sagarin puts ndsu at #34 and colorado #96! He is up to 225 now. Would probably split carries with Crockett and would be a good fit for our system. We need a strong back next year. Wonder if he would have 1, 2 or 3 years of eligibility? He either redshirted or greyshirted in 2011. Bummed we didn't get him the first time . Well see.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

3 schools in 3 years has to be a major red flag and the staff will have a lot of due diligence to perform. The kid could be a complete bust as we have seen with a few other players that have transferred down both on our team (not to often) and other teams or he could be a diamond in the rough that just needs some very good guidance. One of my favorite success stories was a player that played at 3 different schools but when he got to NDSU he got it turned around. I remember Paschalle having quite a few problems and him even saying that he had some maturing to do and our staff helped him with it and he hit the books went to class (after a little guidance) and was granted a degree in I believe Emergency Management when he left NDSU. He left NDSU successful on and off the field and was set up for a successful life and career. Our staff does a great job with these players if they have the desire to commit on and off the field.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    3 schools in 3 years has to be a major red flag and the staff will have a lot of due diligence to perform. The kid could be a complete bust as we have seen with a few other players that have transferred down both on our team (not to often) and other teams or he could be a diamond in the rough that just needs some very good guidance. One of my favorite success stories was a player that played at 3 different schools but when he got to NDSU he got it turned around. I remember Paschalle having quite a few problems and him even saying that he had some maturing to do and our staff helped him with it and he hit the books went to class (after a little guidance) and was granted a degree in I believe Emergency Management when he left NDSU. He left NDSU successful on and off the field and was set up for a successful life and career. Our staff does a great job with these players if they have the desire to commit on and off the field.
    Yeah, but for every guy like Pat Paschall, there are many more like Deveon Dinwiddie.

So Marcus Horne was going to ISU red but they lost another the way it looks.
    Their board is saying he is tweeting about going to either Iowa state or BYU. This guy just may break the college record of number of teams he "is going to be a part of". Holy redflags batman. It looks like this was a great "miss" for us.

seems like a guy that just will not turn out

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    So Marcus Horne was going to ISU red but they lost another the way it looks.
    Their board is saying he is tweeting about going to either Iowa state or BYU. This guy just may break the college record of number of teams he "is going to be a part of". Holy redflags batman. It looks like this was a great "miss" for us.
    Wow normally I wouldn't be critical of a football recruit but he's no longer a young kid so I will.
    Let's try and follow

Verbal to NDSU
    Goes to Michigan State
    Leaves Michigan State
    Verbals to UNI
    End up going juco
    Plays a year at juco
    Then verbals to ISU red
    Never commits
    Now whoose next?

I am GLAD we got king frazier instead!!
    Last edited by HerdBot; 02-05-2014 at 10:27 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com