Thread: Summer Session

Default Summer Session

Can someone explain to me the NCAA rules (if any) regarding the football summer workout session. I know a certain number of players are asked to stay in Fargo and workout. Is there a NCAA limit as to how many players NDSU may “ask” to participate in this?
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Summer Session

As many can stay as would like. Its not required but "highly, highly" recommended by all coaches if you catch my drift.

There is a "camp" that is invite only. And to me that suggests there must be an NCAA numbers limit.

Thats all I can tell you. In the words of Seargent Schultz, "I know nussing!!!"

that was elmer fudd.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    As many can stay as would like. Its not required but "highly, highly" recommended by all coaches if you catch my drift.
    I have heard players say they have been "invited" by the coaches to attend during summer. While all players may be able to attend, it seems like there is a limit to those "invited". The number of those invited by coaches to attend seems to be limited. Could this just be an internal procedure at NDSU and have nothing to do with the NCAA?
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Maybe it was an invitation to fall camp. There are only a certain amount of players who can participate come August. Than when school starts the number can be expanded.

Question Re: Summer Session

Quote Originally Posted by KilldeerBison View Post
    Can someone explain to me the NCAA rules (if any) regarding the football summer workout session. I know a certain number of players are asked to stay in Fargo and workout. Is there a NCAA limit as to how many players NDSU may “ask” to participate in this?
    I looked on the NCAA website, and it says that the FBS is limited to no more than 105 student athletes participating in "practice activities" prior to the first day of classes or the first day of competition. The FCS has a limit of 90 student athletes. That's all I could find. Here's the link if you want to check it out. http://www.ncaapublications.com/prod...loads/D110.pdf page 238.
    You Gotsta Love Those BISON!

rich rodriguez knows the answer, i ask him

I think pretty much the whole team is working out in Fargo this summer. Some incoming freshmen are even showing up early.

533 In a row