Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ND State Track Meet: Any recruits?

Default ND State Track Meet: Any recruits?

Lots of tracksters competing that would look great in a Bison uniform (and one that is going to run in green and yellow but for Oregon.)

Starting off the top of my head, I think NDSU might as well offer all those Bismarck guys who ran the 4x800 relay down in South Dakota this year but Brandon Barnes who ran a 1:51 this year is going to Iowa State (rats!)

Note: WDAY radio is doing a bit on the state meet right now.

Default Re: ND State Track Meet: Any recruits?

I'm watching to see how Langdon scores. Both the boys and the girls sent a lot of athletes and they had good times.

Pay attention to the name Dinius on both the girls and the boys side. Jon is a Senior and I believe he's going to Dickinson. His sister is a Sophomore and won several events last year. She'll be a factor for several more years.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Where do they hold the meet these days? I ran in the meet in '87, '88 and '89 when they held it at Memorial Coliseum up in el Forko. It was always a really fun time.

Notorious is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Where do they hold the meet these days? I ran in the meet in '87, '88 and '89 when they held it at Memorial Coliseum up in el Forko. It was always a really fun time.
    Bismarck...much better facility....they do an excellent job with the meet all around. A vast improvement from grand forks. It would be hard to get it out of Bismarck unless Fargo vastly improves it's facilities, from a fan perspective. Plus, Bismarck benefits from its central location.

Leavn for Bismarck at 6 with Coach Larson... Good Luck Laura and the Bruins girls. And also to Kira Larson and the North girls team.
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Brandon Barnes, Bismarck High, has run 1:51 in the 800, and 4:18 in the 1600. He would be a really nice addition! Lars will be there, and there is a history of Bismarck High tracksters becoming Bison!

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Brandon Barnes, Bismarck High, has run 1:51 in the 800, and 4:18 in the 1600. He would be a really nice addition! Lars will be there, and there is a history of Bismarck High tracksters becoming Bison!
    Yeah, he would. Unfortunately, sounds like he's going to Iowa State.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sorry Tony, see you posted about Barnes initially. Im working the meet, do every year. Im sure Lars will find a few diamonds in the rough this weekend!

Hansel is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
    Bismarck...much better facility....they do an excellent job with the meet all around. A vast improvement from grand forks. It would be hard to get it out of Bismarck unless Fargo vastly improves it's facilities, from a fan perspective. Plus, Bismarck benefits from its central location.
    I actually liked having the meet in Grand Forks... how does the seating capacity in Bismarck for track compare to Grand Forks?

Quote Originally Posted by Hansel View Post
    I actually liked having the meet in Grand Forks... how does the seating capacity in Bismarck for track compare to Grand Forks?
    The Community Bowl in Bismarck can seat around 1,000-1,500 if I recall correctly, I'm not certain of Grand Forks' numbers.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!