Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some good news

MN_BISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Some good news

From Kolpack Twitter: Bison best in Missouri Football for APR, which is Academic Progress Rate. That means most of the kids are doing well in class.

Default Re: Some good news

Quote Originally Posted by MN_BISON View Post
    From Kolpack Twitter: Bison best in Missouri Football for APR, which is Academic Progress Rate. That means most of the kids are doing well in class.
    Better than teh SDSU? Whaaaaaaa???? Impossible.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    Better than teh SDSU? Whaaaaaaa???? Impossible.
    Pretty sure Zooropa's head just exploded...
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Admin: knock it of with this obsession.

SORRY!!! its a personal thing, ill keep it to myself
    Last edited by lakesbison; 05-21-2010 at 01:19 AM.

99Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

North Dakota State Football Recognized for APR (Academic Progress Rate) by FCS Athletics Directors Association<>
    CLEVELAND – The Football Championship Subdivision Athletics Directors Association (FCS ADA) has announced the inaugural recipients of the Academic Progress Rate (APR) Award and North Dakota State University, directed by head coach Craig Bohl, were recognized as one of those football programs. In addition to the APR Award for the highest APR score, the Association will also recognize one institution from each of the 14 FCS conferences that has improved the most from the previous year. In all, 28 awards will be given.

North Dakota State’s multi-year APR was 954 for football in 2008-09 and jumped to 963 in 2009-10. The award is based on 2008-09.

“We are very proud of receiving the inaugural award for having the highest Academic Progress Rate for the Missouri Valley Football Conference,” said NDSU director of athletics Gene Taylor.

“This is a confirmation of Coach Bohl, his staff and our players commitment to making academics and ultimately obtaining a degree a priority. Knowing how hard our athletes work to be successful athletically it is equally if not more satisfying to see them achieve success academically.”

The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) member colleges and universities adopted a comprehensive academic reform package designed to improve the academic success and graduation of all student-athletes. The centerpiece of the package is the academic measurement for teams, known as the APR.

The following institutions will receive their awards during the FCS ADA Luncheon sponsored by Borden Perlman Insurance Agency, on Tuesday, June 22 in conjunction with the National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics (NACDA) Convention at the Marriott Hotel in Anaheim, Calif.

Conference
    Highest APR in 2008-09
    Most Improved for 2008-09

Big Sky Conference
    University of Northern Colorado
    University of Montana

Big South Conference
    Gardner-Webb University
    N/A

Colonial Athletic Association
    Northeastern University
    Hofstra University

Great West Football Conference
    California Polytechnic State University
    Southern Utah University

Ivy League
    University of Pennsylvania
    Columbia University-Barnard College

Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference
    Norfolk State University
    Florida A&M University

Missouri Valley Football Conference
    North Dakota State University
    Indiana State University

Northeast Conference
    Duquesne University
    Robert Morris University

Ohio Valley Conference
    Eastern Kentucky University
    Jacksonville State University

Patriot League
    Colgate University
    Lehigh University

Pioneer Football League
    Davidson College
    Drake University

Southern Conference
    Furman University
    Wofford College

Southland Conference
    Sam Houston State University
    Southeastern Louisiana University

Southwestern Athletic Conference
    Mississippi Valley State University
    Alabama State University

About the FCS ADA: Now in its 17th year, the Football Championship Subdivision Athletics Directors Association's mission is to enhance Football Championship Subdivision football. For more information on the FCS ADA, please visit www.fcsada.com. The FCS ADA is administered by the National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics (NACDA), which is in its 45th year. For more information on NACDA and the 11 professional associations that fall under its umbrella, please visit www.nacda.com.

- FCS ADA -

OK. Who's making book on when this will appear in the Fargo Forum?

Put me down for "never".
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

WOW! That's so cool. I'm mean it's been so long that GPS's and grades meant something! Grades! Maybe Graduation! So Cool!!!! WOW!

Are you serious? The smart kids on campus have probably never even seen a football or a football game.

Student athlete or athlete that makes money for NDSU?

You make the call.

Just kidding. I just hope we have a good defense that's all I care about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by bosco View Post
    WOW! That's so cool. I'm mean it's been so long that GPS's and grades meant something! Grades! Maybe Graduation! So Cool!!!! WOW!

Are you serious? The smart kids on campus have probably never even seen a football or a football game.

Student athlete or athlete that makes money for NDSU?

You make the call.

Just kidding. I just hope we have a good defense that's all I care about.
    I really lol'd.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Pretty sure Zooropa's head just exploded...
    look for zooropa to spin it some how

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This is a great honor and a tribute to the coaching staff and the emphasis they place on academics.

I have a good friend whose son is a RFr and I know the coaches are on them if they miss class or don't do well. The coaches monitor classroom progress very closely. This is a suberb achievement.

For the record, last time I looked, SDSU was middle of the pack, at best. No way to spin this one for anybody. But, they aren't the worst either.