Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 90% of MVFC want to expand

Default Re: 90% of MVFC want to expand

I know a Mike Hunt. No seriously, I do.

Quote Originally Posted by ming01 View Post
    My sister went to school with a Benjamin Dover.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by ming01 View Post
    Does anyone know Lou Scunt?

Izzy?

Quote Originally Posted by MN_BISON View Post
    Well according to the used car salesman Ed Meirerkork at USD. This guy is something, balls the size of church bells and a brain the size of a pea for spouting this crap. He said UNI, SIU and others are all for this, make the MVFC more into a bus league. Well Eddy, if you want a bus league then go to your new AD and ask him or her to see if the NSIC is looking for a team. Of course only NDSU and SDSU are against it.
    http://www.argusleader.com/article/9...mplate=mogulus
    It's going to be a lot of fun to beat the ever loving shit out of USD.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Why dont they kick most of the white kids off there team and then join the swac. :S
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

In other news, 92.48% of AD's at USD don't know what the hell they're talking about.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Quote Originally Posted by Aces1180 View Post
    Does anyone know Lou Scunt?

Izzy?
    Yes. He's married to Norma Stitz.

Greenie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Having 12-14 teams in a football conference only makes sense if you are able to hold a conference championship game at the end of the regular season before the playoffs. Of course this isn't possible in FCS (but is in FBS, which makes more sense because of their bowl structure).

The MVFC would be silly to expand. 9 is perfect for a FCS conference -- 4 home and 4 away, everyone plays each other, and a true champion can be crowned.

It would be nice if FCS conferences could have a championship game before the playoffs. For example, you could combine the MVFC (9) + GWFC (5). Split it into 7 teams divisions...something like...

West: NDSU, SDSU, UND, USD, Southern Utah, Cal Poly, UC-Davis
    East: UNI, S Ill, W Ill, Youngstown, Missouri St, Illinois St, Indiana St

Each team would play each other in their division (3 home, 3 away). Then each team would play 2 teams in the opposite division (1 home, 1 away). That would still give you 8 conference games, with 3 left to schedule each season. The champion from each division would play each other in the conference championship game.

But this likely won't happen because it would add another game to the schedule for the 2 division champions, and both teams would get invited to the playoffs anyway.

Or NDSU and SDSU could go back to the GWFC to make 7 teams and petition to get that conference an auto-bid to the playoffs from the NCAA....JUST KIDDING

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    Having 12-14 teams in a football conference only makes sense if you are able to hold a conference championship game at the end of the regular season before the playoffs. Of course this isn't possible in FCS (but is in FBS, which makes more sense because of their bowl structure).

The MVFC would be silly to expand.
    In 2008 the CAA had FIVE teams in the playoffs. They did not all play each other during the season. Going to 12 teams would help the MVFC get more teams into the playoffs.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Yes. He's married to Norma Stitz.
    Yes, and Norma's sister is Dixie Normus.