Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Joe Hanstad commits to.....

Default Re: Joe Hanstad commits to.....

Quote Originally Posted by MN_BISON View Post
    Congrats to Joe Hanstad, good for him and I wish him well. For whatever reason he decided to play out of state and that's fine, wasn't the first time and it won't be the last time this happens. I hope Saul gets on the phone with the new coach at BSU and schedules a home and home with them so Hanstad can play in his home state, good for the Bison and good for Hanstad I would think.
    Looks like they played the Siouxage last yr in MT. Don't think we would get a home and home but every other yr would be awesome...Sun, Nov 15 North Dakota at Missoula, MT 75 - 60 (W)... But than again according soothsayer BISONstudent we would only get to see him on the beach or bench so what fun would that be.

bisonhusker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by balla45 View Post
    I just asked. The paper was wrong. They both showed interest and recruited but did not offer.
    Local fishwrap trying to make the kid sound like he just turned down a bunch of bigtime offers.

The kid is good, has the size, and he is happy. Good enough for me. I am still shocked that anyone would sign with a school before visiting, but he does love the coach. I wonder what his options would have looked like should he have waited until after his senior year to pick.

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by cyborgg View Post
    I'm not sure about that. It's possible ISU offered at some point but if we did it was clear he wasn't near the top of our list.
    I'm pretty sure that Iowa State did NOT offer Bjorklund. My understanding was that he liked NDSU very early, in part because of the ag program, and he was always going to be a Bison UNLESS the Gophers or Cyclones offered. That never happened. Thankfully for us.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

I retract my statement then.

Jdubs21 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

best of luck joe

As one who follows WAC basketball closely my initial reaction was, why Boise State. But, I believe he is going into a great situation. Taco Bell Arena is nice, a new enthusiastic coach from a proven program, and most importantly the chance for significant playing time. The 2010/11 team will graduate 8 seniors and they appear to have some good recruits coming in, but the only guard that I have seen is a JUCO. His playing time will depend on the other 2011 recruits.