Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Hanstad commits to.....

Default Re: Joe Hanstad commits to.....

Quote Originally Posted by rutlandbison View Post
    Interesting first post. Know Hanstad personally? Is this what the Hanstad family thinks about the BSA?(Most Bison fans would agree with you). Good luck to the kid, hope it all works out.
    The opinion is mine and mine alone. Assuming this is what the Hanstad family feels makes you a fool, so don't ever assume anything as you know what assume stands for...... I am a Bison through and through as I went to school there during the incredible years of 81-85 and at the time the BSA was a crap hole and still is. Have many friends who competed in sports there. Yes, it would of been nice to see Joe commit to NDSU, but he didn't for one reason or another his choice. I wish him luck as well as all the others (Dufault,The Qvale's whose dad was a Bison,Savageau local kid,The Kelpinski's+ others) who have stepped out the boundaries of the great State of ND to persue a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by BELARU2 View Post
    The opinion is mine and mine alone. Assuming this is what the Hanstad family feels makes you a fool, so don't ever assume anything as you know what assume stands for...... I am a Bison through and through as I went to school there during the incredible years of 81-85 and at the time the BSA was a crap hole and still is. Have many friends who competed in sports there. Yes, it would of been nice to see Joe commit to NDSU, but he didn't for one reason or another his choice. I wish him luck as well as all the others (Dufault,The Qvale's whose dad was a Bison,Savageau local kid,The Kelpinski's+ others) who have stepped out the boundaries of the great State of ND to persue a dream.
    Asking a question, I didn't assume you were a friend or part of the family. I too wish him luck, just like the post said. Also just like the post said, the BSA is a crap hole. I know the definition of assume, I can't tell you what it stands for because I have never met Mr./Mrs. Assume.

Most of these kids always think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence or think their talent is greater than it really is. By the way I have a feeling that within 18 months that our crappy BSA will be one of the best BB venues from MN to the west coast. Just saying.........

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    Most of these kids always think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence or think their talent is greater than it really is. By the way I have a feeling that within 18 months that our crappy BSA will be one of the best BB venues from MN to the west coast. Just saying.........
    Wow Bison Dan, so your saying don't reach for the stars and stay in state. It's a good thing you said most because the only way to find out if your talent is greater is to step over that fence. There is nothing wrong with failure if so be the case.

By the way grass is sometimes greener on the other side of the fence, or if it is field turf it should be the same color on both sides of that fence, unless you go to Boise State where it is bluer

bisonhusker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Leaving NDSU football for Nebraska? No problem.

Leaving NDSU basketball for Montana? No problem.

Leaving NDSU basketball for Colorado? No problem.

Leaving NDSU basketball for Boise State? Before you start your senior season? I guess I don't follow that one. I wish him the best.

And you would of probably said the same thing about Northern Iowa a few years ago. As a Bison fan I think other than Ben Woodside, Jeff Askew, Lance Berman and Denver to a degree we have been a Womens favorite sport in Fargo. Maybe if you would of said "Leaving NDSU basketball for UND you would of had a point, but for one he was never at NDSU and 2 as a fan they have always been 2nd fiddle to the women.

Notorious is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Obviously, we are not privvy to all of the information that played into Joe's decision; however, I was a little surprised he didn't wait until at least the end of summer. I have to believe Boise State's offer would've still be there.

However, he and his family have their reasons and you have to respect that. It's all speculation, but maybe there just wasn't the mid-major/major interest in him, and this was the best fit at the most appropriate level. Plus, it soundls like he has developed a good relationship with the coach, which is huge.

I wish him nothing but good luck, and hope to see him playing next March!

And you would of probably said the same thing about Northern Iowa a few years ago. As a Bison fan I think other than Ben Woodside, Jeff Askew, Lance Berman and Denver to a degree we have been a Womens favorite sport in Fargo. Maybe if you would of said "Leaving NDSU basketball for UND you would of had a point, but for one he was never at NDSU and 2 as a fan they have always been 2nd fiddle to the women.
    Men's basketball is second fiddle to women's hoops at NDSU??? What planet are you living on? The women's basketball team isn't even the most popular women's athletic team anymore on campus. While that is kind of sad to say knowing the tradition we have for women's hoops, it is reality.
    Last edited by NDSUstudent; 04-20-2010 at 09:29 PM.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Wow Bison Dan, so your saying don't reach for the stars and stay in state. It's a good thing you said most because the only way to find out if your talent is greater is to step over that fence. There is nothing wrong with failure if so be the case.

By the way grass is sometimes greener on the other side of the fence, or if it is field turf it should be the same color on both sides of that fence, unless you go to Boise State where it is bluer
    Reach all you want but seating 8th man on the beach for 4 years is no fun either. A lot easier to recruit to Boise than Fargo and he'll have lots of competition at Boise.

From the Twitter account of the Dickinson Sports Editor, Dustin Monke.

http://twitter.com/monkebusiness

Joe Hanstad said turning down SDSU may have been the most difficult part of his verbal to Boise State.
    Damn, that would have been sweet, sweet revenge.