Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Metrodome

Default Re: Metrodome

Quote Originally Posted by KC Bison View Post
    After announced attendance of 250 for the first two games, we were spared attendance figures for yesterday's games, indicating that there is much lower interest than some people think to watch the Bison play the suzies.
    dude, we drew 249 people for games with Centenary last year at Newman. we didnt draw that much more for games with a legitly good Oral Roberts team. 250 looks bad on paper, but in reality, it was a decent crowd for being a couple hundred miles away and on easter weekend and in a dump of a facility. had it been here or in Grand Forks I think at least a grand shows up, and that would match pretty much the type of attendance baseball gets for Minnesota.

aside from that, you might want to close circuit messages to tow the company line to the players, coaches, and fans who were there. i read the paper recaps, and saw reports on the games on valley news live and fox. every fan (and yes there were plenty of NDSU fans, if not more than UND fans) said they liked seeing the games and missed the series. the players all enjoyed it too. and their both scheduled to play again next year. apparently the sentiment that we not play them again, or that their isnt much interest, aint all that true.....

Admin: Make your point and leave other posters out of it, please.
    Last edited by tony; 04-08-2010 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonatrix View Post
    dude, we drew 249 people for games with Centenary last year at Newman. we didnt draw that much more for games with a legitly good Oral Roberts team. 250 looks bad on paper, but in reality, it was a decent crowd for being a couple hundred miles away and on easter weekend and in a dump of a facility. had it been here or in Grand Forks I think at least a grand shows up, and that would match pretty much the type of attendance baseball gets for Minnesota.

aside from that, you might want to close circuit messages to tow the company line to the players, coaches, and fans who were there. i read the paper recaps, and saw reports on the games on valley news live and fox. every fan (and yes there were plenty of NDSU fans, if not more than UND fans) said they liked seeing the games and missed the series. the players all enjoyed it too. and their both scheduled to play again next year. apparently the sentiment that we not play them again, or that their isnt much interest, aint all that true.....
    I couldn't agree more. Furthermore, I didn't hear any reports of riots in the Metrodome parking lot or other questionable behavior that some here on bisonville trot out to support their cause to end the rivalry period. I welcome the return of the rivalry. I see no reason why it can't be a mostly friendly rivalry. Of course, not everyone sees it that way. That's their problem.

Quote Originally Posted by siouxdgj View Post
    I couldn't agree more. Furthermore, I didn't hear any reports of riots in the Metrodome parking lot or other questionable behavior that some here on bisonville trot out to support their cause to end the rivalry period. I welcome the return of the rivalry. I see no reason why it can't be a mostly friendly rivalry. Of course, not everyone sees it that way. That's their problem.

Some that trot the questionable behavior would also be the first in the fight if it came about

not saying.....just saying
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant