Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2010 Bison Baseball

Default Re: 2010 Bison Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by jeffdaryl3rd View Post
    I think that a top four finish in the league is finally becoming a realistic goal, either this year or soon after, which is a huge step in the right direction for this team.
    Shouldn't be too hard once Centenary leaves and there's only 6 teams left.

coldspot is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by JacksFan06 View Post
    Shouldn't be too hard once Centenary leaves and there's only 6 teams left.
    at that point wouldnt it almost be better to switch to a 6 team double elimination tournament?

There are currently 8 teams with baseball in the Summit.

NDSU, SDSU, OU, ORU, WIU, CC, IPFW, SUU

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by coldspot View Post
    coldspot is now a proud member of the club baseball team.
    Sweet! Will you then be selling programs at the basketball game tonight then? Mike is a good coach. Good luck this season.

jeffdaryl3rd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I was just looking through the baseball info on gobison.com and two things stuck out to me:

1) Steve Montgomery not listed in the coaches section. Hopefully this is just an omission on the part of the people who put the site together. Anyone know?

2) They are playing five of their spring break games at the Indians' old spring training complex in Winter Haven, FL. Let's put it this way: it was one of the two worst spring training complexes in baseball when the Indians packed up and left two years ago. Some of the lower fields are actually below the level of the adjacent lake and field #2 has a sewage treatment plant directly behind centerfield. Ahh, the memories.

coldspot is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

thanks doc. unfortunately, i wont be there selling programs tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffdaryl3rd View Post
    I was just looking through the baseball info on gobison.com and two things stuck out to me:

1) Steve Montgomery not listed in the coaches section. Hopefully this is just an omission on the part of the people who put the site together. Anyone know?

2) They are playing five of their spring break games at the Indians' old spring training complex in Winter Haven, FL. Let's put it this way: it was one of the two worst spring training complexes in baseball when the Indians packed up and left two years ago. Some of the lower fields are actually below the level of the adjacent lake and field #2 has a sewage treatment plant directly behind centerfield. Ahh, the memories.
    1. yes i know, its not an accidental omission. no, i do not feel like i should share why. i will say its not bad.

2. thats too bad. it didnt look all that great in pictures though.

Quote Originally Posted by coldspot View Post
    thanks doc. unfortunately, i wont be there selling programs tonight.

1. yes i know, its not an accidental omission. no, i do not feel like i should share why. i will say its not bad.
    Now that you said that, we have to explain, you make it sound bad! It really isn't bad though. Mongo officially concluded his time as a coach with the Bison effective after practice yesterday. Mongo was given the opportunity to become full time with the Red Hawks. Essentially, he will now evaluate pitching talent in the off season and have much more of a say in who is brought in to pitch, as opposed to before when he was given a pitching staff on the first day and told to develop them. I think it is a positive move for him as well as the Red Hawks. I certainly don't want to speak for the coaching staff at NDSU, but he will be missed for sure and they were hoping not to lose him. I believe (don't quote me) that Zim will be replacing Mongo. Now, how does a catcher replace a pitching coach? Coach Brown will now coach the pitchers as well as everything else he does. So, your coaching staff for the road trip they left for today: Coach Brown, Coach Pearson, and Coach Zimmerman.

First series is today with Lamar University of the Southland Conference. One game tomorrow, double header on Saturday, then one game on Sunday. Lets Go Bison!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoctor View Post
    The big question is......did coldspot make the final cut?????? Will there be an epic show down on the field between coldspot vs. cv with lc doing the play-by-play when Mayville comes to town???
    The game will be an epic showdown. Im hope KMAV will have the broadcast for those unable to make it.

Dan Keating is Traill county athletics.

Quote Originally Posted by ming01 View Post
    First series is today with Lamar University of the Southland Conference. One game tomorrow, double header on Saturday, then one game on Sunday. Lets Go Bison!
    Let the 1st one slip away today but got the 2nd one. Great come from behind victory for our boys.