Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First SDSU Stadium Details

Default First SDSU Stadium Details

Build up to 22,700 seats. 25 luxury suites. Club seating. No timetable, although I'm hearing President Chicoine wants it sooner rather than later and he's got 7 years left.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...0329/1001/news

Default Re: First SDSU Stadium Details

Yes, but does it have a retractable roof?

Seriously though, it's good to have plans and vision. I for one would like to see our brothers in transition succeed* and this goes a long ways towards that...

*Just not against the Bison.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Looks like a plan to me!

I don't think SDSU will ever need a stadium with seating for 40k, but new building in phases that's the way to do it!
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjack View Post
    Build up to 22,700 seats. 25 luxury suites. Club seating. No timetable, although I'm hearing President Chicoine wants it sooner rather than later and he's got 7 years left.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...0329/1001/news
    Wow, that would be huge for SDSU. So your Pres. sounds like he's progressive and wants to push SDSU forward into the future? We had a guy like that once.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

President Chicoine is definitely a guy with a vision. They've broken ground on something like $100 million in construction during his first few years, and we've been told to expect more of the same in coming years. Right now, a $50 million science building, three new dorms, the second expansion of the Student Union in five years, and several other expansion projects are underway. Campus is a mess... but in a good way.

I have great confidence in his ability to get this stadium project underway... and soon.

Can't those Daktronic folks pony up some cash? They seem to be pretty successful.
    -Maybe they have/do for all I know.

Why in the hell do they think they need a stadium for 22,000+ when they only average a little over 13,000 per game (and more than likely to drop than rise any more).

Won't happen anytime soon just my opinion
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Why in the hell do they think they need a stadium for 22,000+ when they only average a little over 13,000 per game (and more than likely to drop than rise any more).

Won't happen anytime soon just my opinion
    I will passing a fund-rasier bucket around at the NDSU doubleheaders on Saturday. Hopefully some of you Bison fans can help out, I know how much you hate coming to games at CAS and using the Johhny-on-the-Spots.

Quote Originally Posted by 2002jack View Post
    I will passing a fund-rasier bucket around at the NDSU doubleheaders on Saturday. Hopefully some of you Bison fans can help out, I know how much you hate coming to games at CAS and using the Johhny-on-the-Spots.

Nope that dump does just fine for me, I could care less
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Wish we could expand the Fargodome to 40,000 seats if we ever needed to go that big.

Again, Mayor John Lindgren, Thank you.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz