Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tveidt statistics

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Tveidt statistics

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Tveidt is good, and plays his balls off, nobody should question anything about him or his skills
    I have yet to see anybody in this thread question him or his skills.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAFTONBISON View Post
    I have yet to see anybody in this thread question him or his skills.
    or his balls.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

I hate to use a basketball cliche but for the past four years the Bison had a true point guard that "made the players around him better". Rarely can a wing player dominate a game without a good point guard. Zastrow has the potential but he is a true freshman that is still physically and mentally over matched most nights. As good as Winks, Nelson, Tveidt and this year Vaughn have been on the perimeter, they would all struggle at times if they had to rely on creating their own shots too often.

IMO considering the circumstances, Tveidt and Vaughn have been outstanding this year.

All you need to do is roll the tape of the night Woody scored 60 or got Kansas for 37 to see how much attention he drew but yet still scored. Obviously over the course of a season, this kind of defensive attention created a lot of openings and shots for other people.

Quote Originally Posted by JacksFan06 View Post
    Wow, seems like exactly what I was saying before the season started but Bisonville didn't want to hear it.
    Tveidt is averaging 15.2 points per game and this team doesn't really have a guard that can create consistently, so he is creating. He is also our best defender and most consistent player. What were you trying to tell us?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Tveidt is averaging 15.2 points per game and this team doesn't really have a guard that can create consistently, so he is creating. He is also our best defender and most consistent player. What were you trying to tell us?
    I don't think the Jacks fans would know anything about just what a great PG could do for a team. No disrespect, just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Being the devils advocate that I am, I tried to point out that Tveidt's % numbers were going to drop this year because of him moving from 4th option to 1st option. Even though this is pretty much common sense, Bisonville tended to disagree.

His FG% dropped 14 points to 42% and 3PT dropped 18 points to 27%.

The good thing is that his FT% went from 61% to 80%, which is huge.

Even with his shooting woes, he is still a very good player and I wasn't trying to question that. But his 15 pts/game aren't coming with very good efficiency as he is having to take alot of shots to get there. His PPS is tied with Pennick as lowest on the team with 1.05 and it would under 1 if he still only shot 60% from FT. Most top players have a PPS around 1.40.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    I don't think the Jacks fans would know anything about just what a great PG could do for a team. No disrespect, just sayin'.
    Yep...because SDSU has never had a successful point guard ever. Do you remember Austin Hanson?

It's comical how Bison fans seem to block out anything pre-Woody/Winks when it comes to basketball, but yet in Football they only want to talk about the D2 days and success.
    Jackrabbit1979 - Bringing delusional Bison fans back down to earth since 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by JacksFan06 View Post
    Being the devils advocate that I am, I tried to point out that Tveidt's % numbers were going to drop this year because of him moving from 4th option to 1st option. Even though this is pretty much common sense, Bisonville tended to disagree.

His FG% dropped 14 points to 42% and 3PT dropped 18 points to 27%.

The good thing is that his FT% went from 61% to 80%, which is huge.

Even with his shooting woes, he is still a very good player and I wasn't trying to question that. But his 15 pts/game aren't coming with very good efficiency as he is having to take alot of shots to get there. His PPS is tied with Pennick as lowest on the team with 1.05 and it would under 1 if he still only shot 60% from FT. Most top players have a PPS around 1.40.
    I'll point out that while I was right about Tveid's shooting numbers, I was wrong about him not having any supporting players. Josh Vaughan and Carlson have been much better than I thought they would be. I think Josh is having a very underrated year for the Bison and might be your guys's best player.

met1990 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
    Yep...because SDSU has never had a successful point guard ever. Do you remember Austin Hanson?
    Sorry. I don't. Is he related to the interim president of NDSU?

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post

It's comical how Bison fans seem to block out anything pre-Woody/Winks when it comes to basketball, but yet in Football they only want to talk about the D2 days and success.
    I think both schools like to practice "selective amnesia", I know I don't mind forgetting the past 4 or 5 years of men's basketball.