Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tveidt statistics

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Tveidt statistics

## Player FG-FGA Pct 3FG-FGA Pct
    23 Michael Tveidt...139-333 .417 21-78 .269

Watching a few of the Bison games this year, I remember thinking Tviedt sure seems to be missing a lot of shots. Finally took the time to look it up and found the above stats. Compare this to last season's 56% FG shooting, including 33% from behind the 3 pt. line.

There are many reasons for the close losses this year, but I guess I just expected more from him this season. I know he is probably a focal point of opposing defenses, but star players need to step up.

He does many things for this team other than shooting, I just hope to see an improvement in this area down the stretch. I think it would go a long way towards making a push in the conference tournament.

Default Re: Tveidt statistics

Not to take anything away from Tveidt's skills as an athlete (which are profound) but I really think a lot of his huge performances last year might have been at least partly attributable to defenses keying on Woody/Winks. I'm sure some are going to disagree with that and understandably so - but going 4-4 on 3's versus Oakland in last year's title game? That's saying he's either insanely clutch with a guy in his face behind the arc or he had a bit of a cushion to shoot from.

His performance this year is disproving that little by little, to his credit - still averaging ~16 a game is no mean feat and like I said, by no means am I saying he's not an awesome basketball player. Just interesting to see hi perform when thrust into the leadership role of this young team. Next season's going to be fun when he's dishing windmill dunks to Trayvonn!

Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

djkyro i agree he had that extra cushion, I still think defenses keyed on him as well with everyone else, but not as much. But he's playing more minutes this year for one, defenses key on him, he's guarding their main players and doing a damn good job at that, its a different year he's not getting to shoot as much from the corner.
    "We All From Africa"

Tveidt is good, and plays his balls off, nobody should question anything about him or his skills
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Tveidt is good, and plays his balls off, nobody should question anything about him or his skills
    EXACTLY he gives 150% every time he's on the court, his ability/skills should never be questioned.
    "We All From Africa"

Like I said - don't mistake my comments for anything but post-facto observation. Tveidt's a heck of a baller, as evidenced by his 16-point average this year in a more high-profile position on the team. All props due.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Last year he was the 4th option, this year he's the 1st option. That is the biggest reason IMO for these stats. A little more pressure in Mike this year, and you can see him forcing the action at times.

Last year, almost every shot was a quality shot. This year he is having to create his own shot.

The Lack of experience of his teammates makes it difficult. Next year we won't be talking like this, He's good I love watching him
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Tveidt is a straight up baller! Keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUFan_Sav View Post
    EXACTLY he gives 150% every time he's on the court, his ability/skills should never be questioned.
    Yeah, well Nelson gave a 100,000,000%. This Tveidt guy is lazy compared to Mike n
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."