Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Vraa to UNI?? (nope, NDSU)

Default Re: Vraa to Northern Iowa??

Quote Originally Posted by JacksFan06 View Post
    Yeah, it's not like Bison fans would ever praise Vraa as the jewel to their great recruiting class, and than the instant a typo comes out saying he is going to UNI turnaround and say "We didn't really need him" "I like the Wisconsin receiver better because he's an inch taller" etc, etc...
    Dont you have your own board? Go away.

Quote Originally Posted by OnTheFifty View Post
    I hope this is a typo.

Zach Vraa Rosemount - Northern Iowa

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_14314045
    You have to admit it is interesting timing. NDSU just got a WR commit from a unknown prospect in the same time frame we hear about Vraa and UNI. Plus, NDSU already had 24 verbals-which is a high number. If both are coming then I would assume there will be some roster/scholarship cutting come May.

We will have to wait until tomorrow to find out. Signing day is always fun!

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Dont you have your own board? Go away.
    He does have a point - kind of a bummer to see guys so ready to jump ship on the guy.

At any rate, I get more skeptical of this situation as I read on. Had to ahve just been a misprint.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

I checked panthernation and saw nothing about Vraa.

Quote Originally Posted by JacksFan06 View Post
    Yeah, it's not like Bison fans would ever praise Vraa as the jewel to their great recruiting class, and than the instant a typo comes out saying he is going to UNI turnaround and say "We didn't really need him" "I like the Wisconsin receiver better because he's an inch taller" etc, etc...
    hold on a sec. I never said that I didn't like Vraa. He's probably going to be a good reciever and if this is true it's gonna suck. It's a good thing we got that Wisconson reciever better. When I said that I didn't realize that Vraa was listed at 6'3", so I never should have said that. Who's saying we didn't need him by the way? We need him alright, the way some of our recievers have been playing. Showed some flashes last year but we need better than flashes. You know, you're starting to become a real jackass on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by rutlandbison View Post
    hold on a sec. I never said that I didn't like Vraa. He's probably going to be a good reciever and if this is true it's gonna suck. It's a good thing we got that Wisconson reciever better. When I said that I didn't realize that Vraa was listed at 6'3", so I never should have said that. Who's saying we didn't need him by the way? We need him alright, the way some of our recievers have been playing. Showed some flashes last year but we need better than flashes. You know, you're starting to become a real jackass on this board.
    "Starting" to be jackass, I thought that was always my title?

Sorry if it offended you, just pointing out a contradictory statement that UNI would've considered Vraa a "leftover" recruit and now that he might not be going to NDSU people were quickly jumping on the "no big deal" train when previously he was considered a very big deal.

Maybe you're right,
    It's a good thing we got that Wisconson reciever better.

I sent a quick e-mail to the writer of this story in the Pioneer Press and asked him if it was a typo as Vraa did verbal to NDSU. Interesting to see if the guy replies back.

met1990 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Hallstrom has a brief mention of it: http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/?blog=69938

It would suck to lose him but I remember reading a article about how he really liked architecture. It would be interesting move since UNI does not have architecture. Just makes me go hmmm. There is no love loss now between Farley and Bohl this would not mend that fence anytime soon.

I didn't put as much stock in the rumor until Steve mentioned it....which usually means the rumor has some substance. Hope not.