Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wesley Hudson

Default Re: Wesley Hudson

Quote Originally Posted by DjKyRo View Post
    DISCLAIMER: anger-filled post.

THE GOOD: This kid is fast, and you can never have enough speed on a team. Stats are a bit less than what you'd like to see but again, an < 4.5 40 is legit.

THE BAD: WTF are we still recruiting RBs for?! Does Bohl recognize that we have a butt-ton of very able players at this position for the next 3-4 years?! Does he not realize we need to fill what scholarship(s) we have left with A KICKER?! CAPS RAGE!!!!!

....anyhow, welcome to the team Wesley!

I'm not sure i'm following?? Whats wrong with having him? He played RB, WR and QB?? he is a multi-position athlete. You can't have enough of those on the team relax also I'm just fine with having a crapload of RB's they are the most likely position to get hurt and the backbone of our offense
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    I'm not sure i'm following?? Whats wrong with having him? He played RB, WR and QB?? he is a multi-position athlete. You can't have enough of those on the team relax also I'm just fine with having a crapload of RB's they are the most likely position to get hurt and the backbone of our offense
    BOOYAAA!!!

Scooter1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post

I agree with you. We need athletes.

When the linebackers get depleted we need to be able to pull this kid's redshirt on a weeks notice to play defense.

I liked how this guy consistently made the first guy miss.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison_Pride View Post
    Did his verbal mention anything about a full ride? Maybe he's being brought in on a partial and has a chance to make it a full if he pans out to his potential.
    Possible, but highly improbable. Partials are realistic for ND, SD and MN kids because they are paying in state tuition ($270-280/credit). Half of the out of state tuition Hudson would have to pay is a big ticket (out of state $650/cr), one I highly doubt kids in TX, AZ, CA or IL could afford.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter1 View Post
    I agree with you. We need athletes. When the linebackers get depleted we need to be able to pull this kid's redshirt on a weeks notice to play defense.

I liked how this guy consistently made the first guy miss.
    Agree X1000.
    Plus, with the videos posted earlier, SDSU fans might be able to pass some ideas on to their administrators as to a big time stadium should look.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Possible, but highly improbable. Partials are realistic for ND, SD and MN kids because they are paying in state tuition ($270-280/credit). Half of the out of state tuition Hudson would have to pay is a big ticket (out of state $650/cr), one I highly doubt kids in TX, AZ, CA or IL could afford.
    Are you sure that out of state athletes are charged the full rate?
    The othr question is if students who are non athletes can pay that type of tuition why wouldnt students who are athletes?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

THE GOOD: This kid is fast, and you can never have enough speed on a team. Stats are a bit less than what you'd like to see but again, an < 4.5 40 is legit.

THE BAD: WTF are we still recruiting RBs for?! Does Bohl recognize that we have a butt-ton of very able players at this position for the next 3-4 years?! Does he not realize we need to fill what scholarship(s) we have left with A KICKER?! CAPS RAGE!!!!!

My disclaimer: I know you are just in the band, but you are being critical of a Texas 5A first team all conference player who had multiple D1 offers, ran a 4.32 and on paper may be our best recruit of the batch? I simply do not understand. Do you really think we won't sign a kicker? Really? How about I tell you this much, on Wednesday we will have a kicker. You cannot add enough skill talent. This kid is a multi position FREAK. Have you read some of the stuff on him? Get a rivals account. There are several articles from indepentant sources that state he is a physical freak. I know this is "on paper" but you can't teach speed. This kid has it.

I want a kicker just like everyone does, but just because we get an absolute stud the week leading up to signing day does not mean you question this kid.

Remember, several of the kids we have verballed so far this year are on partials. Coaches know exactly where they are at. We are going to be a very young team, with two back to back large and talented classes. It wasn't like this kid was a reach. Sorry for the rant, but I don't understand how signing this kid has anything but positive reactions. He has 4-5 years to improve.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Who where the other offers? I couldn't find anything. I agree the kid is an athlete that has played against some of the top competition a high school kid could play against. Don't know about a 4.32 but he is fast. I'm thinking more of a receiver than rb but its nice when you have multiple positions a kid could play.

Bohl has already said they are bringing in a kicker.

As far as running backs it doesnt take but a few injuries to decimate an offenses production. If you watched the Orange Bowl the Freshmen running backs by the name of Adam Robinson and Brandon Wegher that played for Iowa were actually the 3rd team runnning backs until injuries gave them an opportunity very early in the season. You can never have too many players in the skill positions.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Here are his other offers from a rivals article back in April of 2009. Keep in mind this kid played behind a RB that went to TCU. Then played multiple positions, keeping his stats modest, and allowing a school like NDSU to get him.

Another talented find in Houston is Floyd Mattison of Katy Morton Ranch, who recently picked up an offer from Rice. The 6-foot safety reached the regional track meet in three events and is also being recruited heavily by Oklahoma State, Colorado State, New Mexico and Iowa State. Running back Wesley Hudson has been offered by Stoneybrook and Northern Arizona.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.