Thread: Vehicle Advice

Default Re: Vehicle Advice

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Get a camaro.
    I'll second this suggestion

533 In a row

Just sayin' if things don't work out with the current wife it is nice to have a set of wheels to go cruisin' for chicks. At our age we need all the help we can get*

*That's why I have to have a TA and a Camaro.
    If it comes down to that, I'll try to pry this away from the current owner.

or this
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    That dude is just itching to get into that car.

GOB1SON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Get a camaro.
    This is my dream car (not to steal the thread):

One of my wife's coworkers had his delivered last fall. It is yellow with green highlights (we sit together at home games) and it is awesome!
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft-living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life...

GOB1SON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

To reply to the original question, buy whatever makes the most sense for your family financially. and my advise, take a long hard look at the warranties, because repairs are expensive. I'm not saying buy an extended warranty, but be aware of how much warranty comes with the car.

That is one thing I don't like about my Buick. The warranty expired at 36,000 and then, 10,000 miles later, I had to replace the instrument cluster ($650) and now there is something wrong with the satellite radio, and I don't know what that is going to cost me. I understand that maintenance is on me, but at 50,000, these things shouldn't be breaking.

But the ride is very, very nice and it is quiet, and I have found this to be true of most of the GM's I have driven and not so much for the Mopars.
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft-living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life...

Another to consider... I have a Saturn Outlook (cousin to the GMC Acadia and Chev Traverse) and really like it. While it doesn't have "true" 4WD, the AWD works very well in all conditions. Size-wise it's within an inch or two of the Tahoe length and width. Much lower ride height, so it drives VERY well. It does have a third row of seats which are surprisingly very comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Ive had 6-7 Expeditions I think. I put on allot of miles. I pull a real heavy boat from here to TX and Canada. I also go places where you shouldnt take a vehicle. Ive only had ONE problem. I dropped an injector and it was covered by warranty.
    The new Expeditions 2008 and up have a new 6 speed auto trans that gets great gas mileage on the hwy. Anyone who has ridden with me has commented on how smooth the ride is and I have 10 ply tires.

As you can see I recommend the Expedtion.
    With you on this PL. I am on my 5th Expedition. Not at the top of the list from a mileage perspective. I would match it with the Chevy's my friends have had for ride, comfort, and dependability. Ford, has a better idea!

We had a 2002 Durango which was a solid vehicle. I would have gone with another one in 2008, but the newer models are a little bigger and would have been a tight squeeze in our tiny garage.

My 1998 Honda Accord and its 349,500 miles endorses the Pilot.

BigBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    My 1998 Honda Accord and its 349,500 miles endorses the Pilot.

Damn I can't believe someones got me beat, I drive a 1996 chrysler town and country, with 328,000 miles. But I havent been driving it much since getting the Jeep Grand Cherokee.