Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Vehicle Advice

Default Re: Vehicle Advice

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Get the tire patched. Putting on 5k a year shouldnt really effect it. But if it doesnt hold then you can look at a new-used tires. Why not find a used tire that matches with the current set.
    As far a new tires I am a Michelin guy. Last set I had I put 60,000 miles on them and still got 100.00 each on a trade in. They are spendy. But they wear like iron.
    I'm going with the patch for now. Also planning to go with a used tire if the patch doesn't hold and I can find a good match. I went to Sears first because they were close and I was in a hurry(already had the tire off). They wouldn't patch it. I then stopped by Corwin just to see what they would say. They also weren't interested in patching it. Went to Fargo Tire after that because I knew they had used tires. Brought it up with a sales guy and he asked to look at the tire. Took one glance and said he could patch it and come pick it up tomorrow. Hoping that will get me through for at least a year or two. It's a lot easier to justify buying a new set of tires when the old ones are 75-90% used as opposed to only 50%.

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Anyone here driving a f150 ford pickup with that v6 ecoboost motor? Would like to know if the gas mileage is as good as advertised and how long do they last?

Quote Originally Posted by perthbison View Post
    Anyone here driving a f150 ford pickup with that v6 ecoboost motor? Would like to know if the gas mileage is as good as advertised and how long do they last?
    2012 with 27,000 miles so no idea how long they last. The twin turbos give it some real snap that will set you back in the seat. I guess I'm satisfied with the mileage. It's NOT what they advertise on the sticker (although I probably never drive like they do for test purposes).

I'd say it averages about 17-18 on interstate highway trips driving 75-80. I've gotten nearly 20 mpg round trip to Fargo for a football game (400 miles) by not pushing it quite so hard. All of this is in favorable conditions. Cold Temps and Wind are killer.

Real Numbers: In 2012 I drove 22,937 miles. Average mpg 15.64.

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    there is a place in west fargo i believe called dakota tire that often has sets of good used tires......pl michelins last forever kinda like a top rock golf ball.......
    The way I play golf I could use some if they are that tough. Now if they only had a gps in them so I could find them.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

I found the same as Northern when talking to people I know that had the V6 ecoboost. It was getting them better mileage but not close to promised. Really depended upon how you drove it. In the end I went with V8. Had it for 5 months I really wonder what type of mileage I will get once I can finally stop using the auto start to warm it before the kids get in.

My dad has a f150 ecoboost and he was not getting the mileage claimed. He also found out a few weeks ago something about the catalytic converter wasn't working right causing poorer gas mileage. It was fixed under warranty but I haven't talked to him if his mileage has since improved.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    I found the same as Northern when talking to people I know that had the V6 ecoboost. It was getting them better mileage but not close to promised. Really depended upon how you drove it. In the end I went with V8. Had it for 5 months I really wonder what type of mileage I will get once I can finally stop using the auto start to warm it before the kids get in.
    Another month or so should do it.
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Had it for 5 months I really wonder what type of mileage I will get once I can finally stop using the auto start to warm it before the kids get in.
    You're kids are going to be wimps!
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Shhhhhhhh. Don't tell them but there dad really likes a warm vehicle