Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GF Herald

Default Re: GF Herald

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Heh, don't forget this one:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/even...cle/id/147890/

I'm torn. On one hand, I think President Hanson has to respond to this horse crap since the other papers might reprint it; on the other hand, I'm afraid Hanson is very eager to agree with any criticism of NDSU no matter how baseless.
    I always knew that Kingsbury was a second-rate economist, I didn't know he was also a part-time structural engineer.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Exclamation Re: GF Herald

looks like similar POO to this:

http://www.areavoices.com/gfhcitybeat/ 2nd blog entry. reason #23842834 NEVER to play these assclowns in any sport. serously, those of you that want to go back to 1984, thats what they are trying to accomplish, to BRING US DOWN! dont let them, dont play them!

A little math for the assholes in Grand Forks County.

Fall Enrollment:
    NDSU - 14189
    UND - 13,172

Online Students:
    NDSU - 3,428
    UND - 2,908

Calculated Online ONLY Students (Total Enrollment less face-to-face students, less correspondence, less off-campus)
    NDSU - 402
    UND - 1375

See table 9.

http://www.ndus.nodak.edu/Uploads/re...ent-report.pdf

So just to clarify. NDSU has more students take online classes (we also have more students! 24% of NDSU take online courses, 22% of UND students do - a 2% difference! I can't believe it! Those mother-f'ers at NDSU!!!), but most are full-time regular students who are taking a class or two to complement their degree program. Also isn't that precisely what you want when you are cramped for physical space. More than 10% of UND students don't put a foot on campus, but take classes online only.

I have no problem admitting that I'm a cynical a-hole, but these stupid a-hats with agendas drive me nuts!
    Last edited by Bison bison; 01-20-2010 at 07:07 PM.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    Man did Hanson FU#K UP.

We are $2.5 million behind, but that will be gone by the end of this month!?!

Good thing you scared the sh#t out of some NDSU community members and gave fodder for all the NDSU haters instead of being proactive to address the situation.

Also Jacobs is a dipsh#t. Having a larger enrollment than UND has NEVER been a goal of NDSU. It's a fun stat, especially for alumni, fans, and boosters, but no one manages an institution of higher education like that. NDSU had a goal of growth, but never have I heard that UND was the measure - because it would be stupid.

Also that tuition waiver thing is a foil. I use it to attract grad students that are a hell of a lot better than what I'd get if I only had a stipend to provide. I also take a class which I don't pay for. What does NDSU get in return? 400k competitive research dollars. I'd say that's a fair trade, eh Jacobs?

Finally, NDSU is not slightly larger than UND. It is substantially larger. And it isn't due to online classes. We have more than 15% more full-time students on campus. That's a hellova lot more butts in seats.
    Hanson = Moron
    Crap I am so embarassed I am an alumnus of NDSU and this is the garbage we got for an interim president. Show some balls man!

Online Students:
    NDSU - 3,428

Calculated Online ONLY Students (Total Enrollment less face-to-face students, less correspondence, less off-campus)
    NDSU - 402

See table 9.

http://www.ndus.nodak.edu/Uploads/re...ent-report.pdf

When did they start this?
    Gay-Communist-Bully-TAB

UND complaining about NDSU's online enrollment:

NDSU's on-campus headcount: 13,602
    UND's on-campus headcount: 11,207

Tony, you got me on ignore?

Didn't I just post that?

If you do have me on ignore, go fly a kite. If not, please ignore the previous comment.

Tony, you got me on ignore?

Didn't I just post that?

If you do have me on ignore, go fly a kite. If not, please ignore the previous comment.
    Hehe, no, I don't have you on ignore. I just summarized because I doubt that anybody at the Herald has the analytical ability to handle anything more than the comparison of two numbers.

Heck, even two numbers might be one too many so... NDSU has 2400 more students on campus than UND. Learn it. Know it. Live it.

I didn't waste my time reading that piece of garbage editorial. And I'm a better person for not having to do so.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

At least the Forum has finally figured things out....

This quote is right on the money...

There is no surprise in that since some lawmakers think “higher education” is the second floor of the high school building in their town. And we use the word “think” advisedly.
    http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/266630/