Thread: Freshman Shannon Brooks at the CONCACAF U-20 Championships.

Default Freshman Shannon Brooks at the CONCACAF U-20 Championships.

Brooks, Guatemala Kick Off CONCACAF U-20 Women's Championships Wednesday
    Courtesy: NDSU Athletic Media Relations
    Release: 01/19/2010

GUATEMALA CITY, GUATEMALA –North Dakota State freshman Shannon Brooks is set to compete with the Guatemala Under-20 national soccer team in The Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football (CONCACAF) U-20 Women’s Championships. The top three teams in the eight-team competition advance to this summer’s FIFA U-20 World Cup in Germany.

Brooks will be playing central midfield for Guatemala as she tries to lead the team to its first-ever U-20 World Cup bid. She is eligible for the team because her mother, Susana Ebeck, was born and raised in Guatemala.

“Soccer is my passion and it’s always an honor to play for my country,” said Brooks. “I’m going to give my all on the field. We can reach the World Cup if we play with heart.”

The competition kicks off Wednesday, Jan. 20. Brooks and Guatemala will open against Cuba at 3:30 p.m. Central Wednesday. Guatemala is in group A along with defending champion Canada, as well as Costa Rica and Cuba. Jamaica, Mexico, Trinidad & Tobago and the U.S. make up group B.

Live games can be viewed free online at CONCACAF.com.

Guatemala U-20 Championship Schedule

Wednesday, Jan. 20 vs. Cuba – 3:30 p.m.

Friday, Jan. 22 vs. Costa Rica – 3:30 p.m.

Sunday, Jan. 24 vs. Canada – 11:30 a.m.

Semifinals

Thursday, Jan. 28 – 12:30 p.m. & 3:30 p.m.

Finals

Saturday, Jan. 30 – Third Place game – 12:30 p.m.

Saturday, Jan. 30 – Championship – 3:30 p.m.

*All times Central

Default Re: Freshman Shannon Brooks at the CONCACAF U-20 Championships.

Good.

I was hoping someone posted the link to the CONCACAF web site so people could watch the games on-line.