Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Leach stuff

Notorious is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Replacement DC and LB coaches

Quote Originally Posted by WildBill View Post
    That being said, injured players still have to wear practice gear.
    Really?? NCAA Rule?...TT Rule?...11th Commandment?...things like that have nothing to do with the core arguement. It doesn't matter at all what James did....he could've murdered his position coach...Leach had no business, or authority to punish him in in the fashion he did. Obviously, there are other facts surrounding the case....James is a moron.....Craig James/ESPN played a role...Leach was a dick to his boss....the bonus thing....etc.

But, the bottom line is that Leach crossed the line and let his ego push him to a poor and inexcusable decision in his method of punishment, which, as I said before, could border on criminal in the mind of some aggressive attorney looking for a payday by filing a civil suit...I am sure TT has attorneys at work right now to protect itself. Keeping Leach would've been a huge risk/liability for the school.

Default Re: Leach stuff

I still don't see what Leach did as wrong.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    I still don't see what Leach did as wrong.
    Guess I see it as Leach "locking him up", possibly against his will. I know it is not that cut & dry, but in essence, that is what happened. Maybe I'm stretching a bit too far...

And I don't buy that for a second.

Sure he told the kid what to do, but that's what people do all the time.

Coaches tell kids at the brink of physical exhaustion to continue to perform. That's pretty cruel behavior? Right?

A kid shows up to practice, but can't and that he shouldn't be exposed to bright light. The coach tells him he'll need to hang out in at a nearby facility with the lights off with a trainer watching him. If you've seen the room, not closet, the kid was in, you realize pretty quick this was an exercise in hyperbole by the kid and school. This James kid is an adult - he could have easily refused not to do so.

Again, I think this kid is a bona fide pansy.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    Again, I think this kid is a bona fide pansy.
    I agree with you on this!

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    There is a chance he could still get that bonus. I don't think he has a chance of getting the remainder of his contract. Maybe some money to settle if there is a desire to avoid further litigation.

Bottom line for me is that Leach is a puke. He didn't get along with his boss and then he was stupid enough to give them a reason to fire him for cause. I have zero problem with them firing him. If I don't do what my boss tells me to do, he will fire me and I will deserve it. No different here.

As for the James thing, there is a simple way to handle the kid if he isn't working out. Cut him and pull his scholarship. End of problem.
    Bingo problem solved. In that regard then I have to question whether Leach has any balls of his own. If the kid isnt that good then why keep him around?????
    If he had the nuts he should have told the kid that either you start putting forth an effort or you are gone. Next he should have given Craig James a call and explained the situation to him and if Craig James would like TT will be happy to give his kid a release with their best wishes. Now all the onus is on the James family.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    There is a chance he could still get that bonus. I don't think he has a chance of getting the remainder of his contract. Maybe some money to settle if there is a desire to avoid further litigation.

Bottom line for me is that Leach is a puke. He didn't get along with his boss and then he was stupid enough to give them a reason to fire him for cause. I have zero problem with them firing him. If I don't do what my boss tells me to do, he will fire me and I will deserve it. No different here.

As for the James thing, there is a simple way to handle the kid if he isn't working out. Cut him and pull his scholarship. End of problem.
    i somewhat agree... i think TT has every right to fire him no matter what he did. it's their choice and he doesnt have a right to his job. i just think the situation is overblown. if i had the decision to fire him, i wouldnt, but TT did so thats their choice

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Swiftboated??

Interesting read...

Yesterday Craig James announced that he is considering a run for the U.S. Senate in Texas if Kay Bailey Hutchinson vacates her Senate seat to take over as Governor of Texas. Assisting James in the release of the news was a Dallas company called Spaeth Communications.

I’ve recently learned that Spaeth was also responsible for the release of the cellphone video Adam James took of himself in an attempt to damage the credibility of former Texas Tech Coach Mike Leach.

If you’re a political junkie, Spaeth Communications might ring a bell. More likely, you’ve heard the term “swiftboating,” which is derived from a p.r. campaign led by Spaeth CEO Merrie Spaeth to damage the 2004 presidential candidacy of John Kerry.

Prominent Texas Tech alumni and media sources have told me the past week that Spaeth Communications allegedly played an integral role in the firing of Mike Leach. In addition to the video of Adam James that Spaeth circulated to the media, I’ve heard growing sentiment that Spaeth was behind much of the anonymously-sourced information about Adam James’ alleged plight reported by the media.

I have contacted Spaeth Communications about those accusations and am awaiting a reply.

That sentiment though doesn’t necessarily jibe with what ultimately resulted from the James vs. Leach confrontation. Though the James family effectively got Leach fired, Craig James’ reputation was dragged through the mud during the ordeal, and it is now safe to assume that if he runs for office he won’t be getting many votes from Texas Tech fans.

James has been considering a political career for some time now, well before what happened at Texas Tech. For that reason, I personally believe Craig James called in Spaeth after the Tech situation blew up, to help damage control his reputation and help preserve his viability as a political candidate. As a conservative, it’s also a natural for James to have Spaeth represent him as he ponders a political career.

But with Spaeth now repping James, he’s not only alienated Texas Tech fans and many more West Texas residents, but democrats who objected to tactics used by Merrie Spaeth in the Swift Boat Veterans vs. John Kerry saga.

Of course, Texas is a solidly conservative state, but James has considerably less support today than he would’ve had just three weeks ago.

Again, I’ve contacted Spaeth Communications for a response on its role with the James Family and expect to have more to the story shortly. I’ve also contacted ESPN for a response from Craig James about the role of Spaeth in the James family complaint to Tech.