Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Leach stuff

Default Re: Replacement DC and LB coaches

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Another video was just released from the kids cell phone. It is some type of electrical storage room which shows the kid in the room. Things are getting good now.
    Just solidifies my stance that this man is a total idiot and should never coach ANYTHING again, might even deserve punishment
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Man did this thread go to hell. If you want to talk about Leach there are other threads for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    Man did this thread go to hell. If you want to talk about Leach there are other threads for that.
    Thread derail at it's finest!

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Just solidifies my stance that this man is a total idiot and should never coach ANYTHING again, might even deserve punishment
    Off topic, but thats debatable. Sounds like Texas Tech wanted him gone way before this stuff came out. Makes me question everything.

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Off topic, but thats debatable. Sounds like Texas Tech wanted him gone way before this stuff came out. Makes me question everything.
    Maybe one of the mods could move the Leach posts to another thread? This story is too juicy to ignore, so I will add my own two cents worth..

SD may be correct about TT wanting Leach gone--but you have to wonder why? Big time football schools don't often make up reasons to fire coaches who have brought unprecedented success and money to the institution.

Leach appears to have committed two fundamental errors. First, his actions have brought bad publicity--even disgrace to the institution. Second, he refused to fall on his sword. He reacted to his suspension by bringing a lawsuit against his employer. Few bosses will take kindly to that!

I'm quite sure that the "truth" has multiple facets. I suspect that Adam James is a somewhat spoiled rich kid with questionable work ethic and a meddling big shot father. Still, it is WRONG to punish injured players and in this case the punishment sounds more like hazing than anything else.

Leach doesn't deny the basic facts that have been reported, he just doesn't see anything wrong with his actions! Smells like a case of "Bobby Knight Syndrome": one who holds everyone else to the highest standard of behavior, but makes excuses for acting like a jackass himself.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

he's been coaching for 10 years and this seems to be the first incident

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ming01 View Post
    I doubt that very much. This kind of thinking and behavior doesn't suddenly appear out of the blue.

Even if it WAS a first incident, it definitely deserves a suspension. Reacting to a suspension by calling in the lawyers would intolerable to almost any employer.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by ming01 View Post
    Its the first incident thats been reported.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Leach didn't handle this very well, that is obvious. But I do feel sorry for him, sounds like this kid is nothing but a spoiled brat and ESPN should be ashamed of themselves for the way they covered this.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=188&f=1650&t=5376617

http://dennis-dodd.blogs.cbssports.c...70202/19238949

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post

Leach doesn't deny the basic facts that have been reported, he just doesn't see anything wrong with his actions! Smells like a case of "Bobby Knight Syndrome": one who holds everyone else to the highest standard of behavior, but makes excuses for acting like a jackass himself.
    Then why all of a sudden the turn against that "attitude" from TTU? They obviously don't mind since they hired Knight as well...
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.