Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Coach Breske update

Default Re: Coach Breske update

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    Don't know if your being sarcastic with me or not Dan. Hazelton talked about he had a good relationship with Coach Bradley and Coach Garza and how important it is to get back to what those coaches did. Doing things their way would help turn things around. I'm not saying injuries didn't play a part and the coaches have mentioned that as well.

I was had absolutely no problem with Breske leaving but I don't agree with the coaches still pointing the finger at him as to why the defense performed the way they did last year. I think the whole team needs to get back to what worked in the past. Its not like we tore it up last year. Coach Breske is gone. It takes absolutely no balls to blame a guy who isn't here anymore. Even though they haven't come out and said his name it doesn't take a genious to read between the lines.
    What else would you have them say? "We have to get back to Bison Defense" I don't see that as a slap at Breske. If you do so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    What else would you have them say? "We have to get back to Bison Defense" I don't see that as a slap at Breske. If you do so be it.

I agree. Getting back to what worked is the goal. The performace of last years D is the slap in the face. Breske was the coach. Teams change DCs and OCs because of poor performance by the units under their charge.
    I didnt take it as pointing fingers. But it is fact.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    Well last time I checked Breske was here in spring ball implementing what is now viewed as the problem. Maybe saying something and making the change than instead of after the guy is out of town would have been a better idea. Obviously everyone else from position coach to head coach except for coach Breske knew what the problem was way back in the spring but we waited until winter to point it out.

Simple fact. Our defense sucked like no other Bison defense has sucked last year and Breske was the DC. Hence, Breske is gone. If you're going to rip on Bohl, rip on him for hiring Breske. From what i heard about the situation from a friend, of a friend, etc was that Breske never really meshed or hung out with the the rest of the staff (but it could be just bs). He obviously has a decent track record, and hopefully he does well at Montana.

the conspiracy theory would be that he's a SDSU alumi, and his only goal was to stick it to the bison program. but good programs recover after bad years, and bad programs have a good year every now and then (cough cough SDSU). ha ha

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by mgbison View Post
    Simple fact. Our defense sucked like no other Bison defense has sucked last year and Breske was the DC. Hence, Breske is gone. If you're going to rip on Bohl, rip on him for hiring Breske. From what i heard about the situation from a friend, of a friend, etc was that Breske never really meshed or hung out with the the rest of the staff (but it could be just bs). He obviously has a decent track record, and hopefully he does well at Montana.

the conspiracy theory would be that he's a SDSU alumi, and his only goal was to stick it to the bison program. but good programs recover after bad years, and bad programs have a good year every now and then (cough cough SDSU). ha ha
    My problem isn't Breske being gone as I have stated since there was a poll on here about whether he should be let go. My problem is waiting until after he was gone to point the finger at him.