Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Florida vs Cincinnati

Default Florida vs Cincinnati

Anybody that thought Cincinnati got robbed in not getting a shot at the title with their unbeaten record has had that idea blown up. The scoreboard don't lie.

Damn, I am not a fan of the BCS but a playoff system would force us to watch a bunch of these games where the clearly better team just beats the crap out of a pretender. I wonder if Boise St. or TCU would fare much better.

I'm also a bit sick of the SEC but if Alabama soundly beats Texas, it will leave little doubt about all the things they have been saying for several years.

At least LSU didn't win today. Way to go Penn State.

Default Re: Florida vs Cincinnati

Don't you think they are looking a little out of sorts though? Lots of turmoil, coach leaves the team, players ticked off. Plus I don't think they travel well, just seems to me like lots of Florida fans there, IMO. I think Boise would do just fine this year, but who knows.

#5 FOREVER "NOTORIOUS"

Tim Tebow closed his college career out with an explosion. I think he was 28 for 31 with 3 TDs and 400+ yards last I saw. That was in 3 quarters. Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Anybody that thought Cincinnati got robbed in not getting a shot at the title with their unbeaten record has had that idea blown up. The scoreboard don't lie.

Damn, I am not a fan of the BCS but a playoff system would force us to watch a bunch of these games where the clearly better team just beats the crap out of a pretender. I wonder if Boise St. or TCU would fare much better.

I'm also a bit sick of the SEC but if Alabama soundly beats Texas, it will leave little doubt about all the things they have been saying for several years.

Lots of crappy bowl games too.

BRING BACK SNORTY

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post

...Northwestern almost beat Auburn, after Kafka threw 5 ints it came down to one play...that to me says alot about the SEC. Hell, Penn State shoulda slaughtered LSU today, but LSU was decent defensively in the red zone. LSU competed well against Florida and Bama I think what we have proven is that the Big East and Pac10 is way overrated(and maybe the Big10 was actually underrated this year?). has the Big East even had a bowl win yet? FSU beat up on a highly ranked WVU team today.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

What about Utah last year? Just look at what the MWC has done in bowls thus far, TCU deserves a shot and I don't care what Cincy does.

I think playoffs are different than bowl games. For one thing you might play at home. You also play for something. To be honest, I'm a huge football fan, but who cares about half of these bowl games? Meaningless.

#5 FOREVER "NOTORIOUS"

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    ...Northwestern almost beat Auburn, after Kafka threw 5 ints it came down to one play...that to me says alot about the SEC. Hell, Penn State shoulda slaughtered LSU today, but LSU was decent defensively in the red zone. LSU competed well against Florida and Bama I think what we have proven is that the Big East and Pac10 is way overrated(and maybe the Big10 was actually underrated this year?). has the Big East even had a bowl win yet? FSU beat up on a highly ranked WVU team today.
    I take it you didn't watch the Northwestern Auburn game. Auburn was kicking the crap out of Northwestern until they put it on cruise and started screwing around taking taunting penalties and let Northwestern back in the game. There was no question for most of the game who was the better team. Neither of these teams are examples of the best their conferences have to offer so the comparison is actually pointless.

No argument about the Big East and PAC 10. The problem is that the results don't exactly say that much about the Big 10. So, the second best Big 10 team squeeked out a win against the third or fourth best SEC team on a field that was almost unplayable and the best team in the Big 10 beat Oregon by 9 points. I'd put the Big 10 at the same level as the PAC 10. That puts the best of both those conferences at about the level of the middle of the SEC?

I don't expect it to change either. The top teams in competing conferences don't play each other during the season and until a Big 10 or PAC 10 team gets it done against a Florida, Alabama, or Texas in a Bowl game, they will remain second division in the BCS.

Does tonight's results mean that Florida is likely to end up #2 in the BCS barring an Alabama loss to Texas? Not that it matters. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Agreed, the only thing that kept Northwestern in that game was Auburn.

I think the Big Ten is a little underrated. Northwestern was not a bad team at all this season. Ohio State closed out the season very well. Penn State's a good team. I think Iowa will take down Georgia Tech. I think the Pac 10 was a little overrated. Before the bowls I thought the Pac 10 was the 2nd best conference. SEC may not be as dominant as in years past but i think they're still clearly the best

As of right now I'd go:

1. SEC
    2. Big 12
    3. Big Ten
    4. Pac 10
    4. ACC
    6. Big East
    Last edited by ndsubison1; 01-02-2010 at 05:15 AM.