Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is the rumor false?

Default Re: Is the rumor false?

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    Coach-in-waiting?

Is Bohl retiring?
    No. Meaning if he gets promoted to a non BCS conference.

As a close USF follower for several years (just got back from Championship Game in Rome, GA)....I could see Kalen going to another level for a much better opportunity, but I'm not sure this one is it. Heck, he's 56-1 over the last 4 years..best College record at any level during that time. Kalen is the offensive guru for USF, and Chuck Morrell is 100% the defensive fella. USD offered Morrell for DC last year and he declined..or so says the rumor mill. Morrell is a Buddy Ryan-ish type who lives for defense..and isn't the person who looks for other jobs or talking to the media. I don't see him making any move unless it's with his former teammate, DeBoer. Kalen has been offered elsewhere too, which is to be expected..and is far more the mouthpiece for USF Football.

I could see Kalen taking an OC job maybe at a school that's big time D1aa..or even D1..as his stock is frankly moving up that quickly..but he's now been a head guy for a while, and has to feel very good about the way he does things and the success he's found in that role. Truth be told, he and his staff were the reason USF handled the Sioux up in Grand Forks the way in which they did..preparation, scheme, and refined execution. They won the tactical battle, by a distance.

Here is a very recent article on this very subject..
    http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...307/1002/rss02

Given what Kalen said this morning to your media in Fargo..and his comments at the end of the article here..I would be surprised (not blown away though) if Kalen was the person heading up to NDSU, at this moment. However, if he were offered OC..and Morrell DC, I could possibly see the move. I'm completely aware that your OC is pretty new, as I've followed both NDSU and UND football closely this year with the visit up to Grand Forks earlier this year for USF....I'm just spitballin on what situation might need to happen for such a move.

Sorry for the book....didn't mean to bud in on the Bison forum..just figured I would offer some background. Thanks.

any smart negotiator will never show their hand

Da Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Witt View Post
    Sorry for the book....didn't mean to bud in on the Bison forum..just figured I would offer some background. Thanks.

Obviously you haven't read any of Cabison's posts

As a close USF follower for several years (just got back from Championship Game in Rome, GA)....I could see Kalen going to another level for a much better opportunity, but I'm not sure this one is it. Heck, he's 56-1 over the last 4 years..best College record at any level during that time. Kalen is the offensive guru for USF, and Chuck Morrell is 100% the defensive fella. USD offered Morrell for DC last year and he declined..or so says the rumor mill. Morrell is a Buddy Ryan-ish type who lives for defense..and isn't the person who looks for other jobs or talking to the media. I don't see him making any move unless it's with his former teammate, DeBoer. Kalen has been offered elsewhere too, which is to be expected..and is far more the mouthpiece for USF Football.

I could see Kalen taking an OC job maybe at a school that's big time D1aa..or even D1..as his stock is frankly moving up that quickly..but he's now been a head guy for a while, and has to feel very good about the way he does things and the success he's found in that role. Truth be told, he and his staff were the reason USF handled the Sioux up in Grand Forks the way in which they did..preparation, scheme, and refined execution. They won the tactical battle, by a distance.

Given what Kalen said this morning to your media in Fargo..and his comments at the end of the article here..I would be surprised (not blown away though) if Kalen was the person heading up to NDSU, at this moment. However, if he were offered OC..and Morrell DC, I could possibly see the move. I'm completely aware that your OC is pretty new, as I've followed both NDSU and UND football closely this year with the visit up to Grand Forks earlier this year for USF....I'm just spitballin on what situation might need to happen for such a move.

FYI FCS and FBS are both DI one plays in a playoff system the other the bowl System!! DI=DI
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Good post. Be careful tho, there is little room for reasoning here. .

Anyway, it makes sense what you say about expecting Morrell to only move if DeBoer moves as well. The rumors have been that both of them were being brought on...for whatever reason. Maybe OC is something of a wild card. Like you said he is new, at being an OC anyway. He was a former NDSU TE, and worked his way up the coaching ladder. He used to be the QB coach, and usually helps run a QB camp at Nebraska. It really wouldn't surprise me, especially if Bohl thinks there is something to be desired in the offense? Who knows. It'll be interesting! SOMETHING will happen.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by tcbison View Post
    I think it is sad that Kolpack even posted that. Obviously he got it from Bisonville and not any of his own sources.
    If Kolpack spent any time on here, he'd know that the "rumor" was reported by unbison and that unbison is very good friends with lakes. Therefore, Kolpack is smart enough not to repeat anything that comes from Lakes. While Lakes is on sometimes (even a lot of the time), when he is off, he is OFF!

Quote Originally Posted by WRSDBison View Post
    I know, this is all my friends brother's sister's boyfriend's dog said, but take it for what its worth.

P.S. I now feel like Lakes for having made this post.
    How does that feel?

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bison View Post
    Obviously you haven't read any of Cabison's posts
    Ah...yes...some of my posts require reading skills...

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonhusker View Post
    Hey Jacks...speaking of rumors, did those QB's transfer? You know, the ones that the new verbal commit mentioned were transferring? You take care of your team, we will take care of our team. It isn't like Bohl is listing rumors. This is a message board. It doesn't sound like anyone has any real info at this time.
    Coaches said they won't announce any transfers until after the semester...but word from everyone in Brookings is that they are both transferring. Whittier wants to play and Mondol wants to be closer to family (his mom died this past August). Will leave us thin at QB this coming season, especially if TOB would go down, but I'm guessing we will bring in at least one JUCO QB in this class if they do indeed transfer.

What's up with the tone anyway...I didn't smack one bit, was just asking questions.
    Jackrabbit1979 - Bringing delusional Bison fans back down to earth since 2004.