Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is the rumor false?

Default Re: Is the rumor false?

brian kelly denied at first he was contacted by ND... just saying

Quote Originally Posted by ming01 View Post
    Absolutely...that's the PR game that they have to play until things get more real.

Man...I hope that we get one or two of these guys onboard. Deboer would be the biggest 'get' in a long time.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Notorious is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I respectully disagree. He may be a rising star, but there are likely many potential DCs more qualified and available for the taking. I won't even try to argue with his success to date; however, I do not think he will be the guy.

Do you guys have another opening on the staff besides DC? Kalen Deboer is an offensive guy (played WR at USF, coached on offense before he became the head coach), and I wouldn't think he would be in line for a DC position at an FCS school. USF's D-coordinator Chuck Morrell is a good young coach too and played at USF the same time as Deboer. I believe Morrell's father, Russ, was a longtime high school coach in SD at Wagner High School and Bon Homme High School. Bon Homme High School was the school that Jackrabbit RB great Josh Ranek attended, for those Bison fans who remember Josh.

Do you guys have other ideas as to how Deboer would fit into the current staff at NDSU or is this more just speculation?
    Jackrabbit1979 - Bringing delusional Bison fans back down to earth since 2004.

Ranek? Never heard of the kid....

Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

bisonhusker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Hey Jacks...speaking of rumors, did those QB's transfer? You know, the ones that the new verbal commit mentioned were transferring? You take care of your team, we will take care of our team. It isn't like Bohl is listing rumors. This is a message board. It doesn't sound like anyone has any real info at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by ming01 View Post
    I'm sorry that I will stray off path here but, Kelly originally talked about wanting to go there as early as last year when Weis was "on the hot seat". Then again this year, as early as the the Illinios game. During the telecast my brother-in-law and me kept getting sick of Bob Griese mentioning that Brian Kelly mentioned to him before the game that he was "intrigued" by the ND job. They kept talking about it again during the Pittsburgh game. If I remember correctly, Kelly mentioned either right before or after the Pitt game that he and ND's AD Jack Swarbrick were in-contact through a 3rd party. This didn't sit well with Swarbrick, so Kelly then adamently went public saying there had not been discussions.

He never once told anybody in the media that he was, "staying at Cincinnati." Instead, he said he and his family were "happy at Cincinnati." That indeed WAS his one non-denial denial, which every coach makes and has to make up until it is OFFICIAL that they are taking the position.

So, at the end of the day, maybe DeBoer is coming. Maybe he is not. The thing that makes me most skeptical is the fact that there is nothing coming from DeBoer's side whatsoever. If a rumor has any legitimacy to it, there is usually rumblings on both sides.

Sorry that I respond to my own reply. I just got off the phone with my brother-in-law who lives in Milbank. He said the rumblings there are that SDSU is after him pretty hard about being their offensive co-ordinator. Also, Colorado State is looking at him as a Wide Receivers coach. DeBoer has told people that he is not willing to leave unless it is as a head coach at a higher level. Also, there is talk that USF is looking at going up to D-2 in the next year or two.

My brother-in-law also said that if there was some deal naming him the "coach-in-waiting" at NDSU, a la Jumbo Fisher at Florida State, that he thinks DeBoer would jump at the chance.

I know, this is all my friends brother's sister's boyfriend's dog said, but take it for what its worth.

P.S. I now feel like Lakes for having made this post.

Quote Originally Posted by WRSDBison View Post
    Sorry that I respond to my own reply. I just got off the phone with my brother-in-law who lives in Milbank. He said the rumblings there are that SDSU is after him pretty hard about being their offensive co-ordinator. Also, Colorado State is looking at him as a Wide Receivers coach. DeBoer has told people that he is not willing to leave unless it is as a head coach at a higher level. Also, there is talk that USF is looking at going up to D-2 in the next year or two.

My brother-in-law also said that if there was some deal naming him the "coach-in-waiting" at NDSU, a la Jumbo Fisher at Florida State, that he thinks DeBoer would jump at the chance.

I know, this is all my friends brother's sister's boyfriend's dog said, but take it for what its worth.

P.S. I now feel like Lakes for having made this post.
    USF is going D2. They have already been accepted and will move in 2011.

Coach-in-waiting?

Is Bohl retiring?
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."