Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Breske was NOT fired

Default Breske was NOT fired

According to the Forum via Bohl:

North Dakota State head football coach Craig Bohl reiterated that defensive coordinator Mike Breske resigned – and was not fired despite the suspicious circumstances surrounding his departure.
    http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/262941/

JSUBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Breske was NOT fired

I can't read it. I was banned last week at the forum.

What did the Puritans expect when they leave a Tiger Woods story open to comments?

So did the Bohl story say why Breske stepped down?

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

North Dakota State head football coach Craig Bohl reiterated that defensive coordinator Mike Breske resigned – and was not fired despite the suspicious circumstances surrounding his departure.

Breske abruptly left the program last week and has not returned messages seeking comment. The Bison defense struggled last year and he has yet to be named to another position at another school.

“You will hear all kinds of things,” Bohl said. “The statement stands.”

NDSU athletic director Gene Taylor said he received a letter of resignation from Breske.

“Craig told me Mike decided to resign,” Taylor said. “Now, how they got to that decision I couldn’t tell you.”

Bohl, who is out of town in the midst of a frenzied recruiting period, said he’s conducting a national search for a defensive coordinator. He said he will also consider internal candidates.

Scott Hazelton is the defensive line coach and Charlie Camp coaches the linebackers, although Camp appears headed for the University of Akron.

New Akron coach Rob Ianello and Camp previously worked together at the University of Arizona.

Camp could not be reached for comment.

“I’m not in a position to say much more than that,” Bohl said.

Breske is the second assistant coach to leave in the last two years without taking another immediate job. Last year, linebackers coach Kyle Nystrom did not have his contract renewed. He is currently the defensive coordinator at Fort Hays State (Kan.).

Offensive coordinator Pat Perles left last year for Ball State (Ind.), although just briefly before taking an assistant coaching job with the Kansas City Chiefs.

Assistant coaches leaving during a heavy recruiting period is nothing new to the program, Bohl said.

“We’ve dealt with hiring coaches before during a recruiting period,” he said. “It’s common in college football. The kids look at the school.”

NDSU already has 17 known verbal commitments. Bohl has said he hopes to sign about 23 when the NCAA signing period begins the first week of February.

I am not sure I believe that. This has too much of the feel of someone being thown under a bus......

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I personally don't buy it. What did the forum think he was going to come out and say?

Voluntary resignation > forced resignation > termination/firing

I'll vote for forced resignation. The circumstances surrounding the departure certainly look like this wasn't a "you know something Craig, I didn't do such a great job and feel like I ought to go" type situation.

The public pressure surrounding the program this year can't be a lot of fun to deal with internally. Heads roll sometimes....not saying it's right, I'm just saying.

I call BS on coachBohl
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Herd80 View Post
    Voluntary resignation > forced resignation > termination/firing

I'll vote for forced resignation. The circumstances surrounding the departure certainly look like this wasn't a "you know something Craig, I didn't do such a great job and feel like I ought to go" type situation.

The public pressure surrounding the program this year can't be a lot of fun to deal with internally. Heads roll sometimes....not saying it's right, I'm just saying.
    That the best way to describe it Herd. My only concern is how this constant turnover is going to affect recruiting. I personally don't care if these guys left for Florida, in my mind their is a reason they are all leaving. A lot of staffs at this level use it as a stepping stone to move up the coaching ladder together, right now we are just a revolving door and there has got to be a reason. Its not like after the last few years our coaches have put such a great product on the field that other schools are knocking at the door. Obviously they are out searching for one reason or another.

I'm worried recruits are going to start wondering where the coach that recruited them went and than where the one thats going to be coaching him next year went and so on. Gotta keep coaches longer than a year.

Quote Originally Posted by heckler_of_the_north View Post
    “You will hear all kinds of things,” Bohl said. “The statement stands.”

NDSU athletic director Gene Taylor said he received a letter of resignation from Breske.

“Craig told me Mike decided to resign,” Taylor said. “Now, how they got to that decision I couldn’t tell you.”
    To me, this says it all.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

O well this a relief.