Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Somebody put Lakes on suicide watch...

Default Re: Somebody put Lakes on suicide watch...

Quote Originally Posted by lakesbison View Post
    EMAILS DONE, THE SAME PEOPLE THAT PUSHED CHAPMAN OUT ARE BULLYING US WITH THIS. THATS MY OPINION. PERIOD.

WHAT WAS THE POINT OF MOVING UP IF THE BAGGAGE COMES WITH IT??

bye bye WAC/MAC/MWC.................. this is B S !

1-Enrollment
    2-Recruiting
    3-Attendence

WE HOLD ALL THE ADVANTAGES WITH THOSE 3?? why give them up? why share it, People around the country will once again go back to NOT knowing the difference between the 4 colleges... this is a shame and a SLAP in the face for everything we have done in the past 5-6 years.
    Once again this plain and simple does not make sense - are NDSU students going to suddenly go "Holy carp, UND is crazy-awesome" and transfer on the basis of "we played them in football?" Are people going to refuse to attend this sort of football game (which to me seems completely wrong?)? Are recruits choosing between NDSU and UND going to sympathize with the Sue when we beat them to a pulp?

Your arguments just do not make sense - what are we sharing with them? What do they get of ours when they play us? How is putting ourselves on a pedestal going to get these ND State Senators dirtbags off our backs? WHERE is Carmen San Diego?!

Anyway, I do like the idea. It's a cool throwback and it will get a lot of people juiced for NDSU football when we go back to smothering these guys. Rock and roll says I.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

We out-recruit them, keep our profile up, and drub them. What I don't want, is to play them when they're not up to full scholarship levels.

I want the old days back where it's a question of the point spread...in our favor. 3, 4, 5, or 6 touchdown drubbing. Anything less is unacceptable.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by DjKyRo View Post
    Anyway, I do like the idea. It's a cool throwback and it will get a lot of people juiced for NDSU football when we go back to smothering these guys. Rock and roll says I.
    How about a throwback uniform for the game...meaning, the uniforms before Babich ruined them. Then keep them.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    How about a throwback uniform for the game...meaning, the uniforms before Babich ruined them. Then keep them.
    WHAT?!!!

It wasn't Babich's idea to create the new logo...It come from the administration. Most head coaches have a say in how a uni should look, but it surely comes down to more people than just him (ie - Equipment Manager, AD, Marketing, etc.).
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by lakesbison View Post
    EMAILS DONE, THE SAME PEOPLE THAT PUSHED CHAPMAN OUT ARE BULLYING US WITH THIS. THATS MY OPINION. PERIOD.
    The game was gonna happen...but...I agree with the sentence above to a certain extent. Forces within the political arena, with connections to UND, were tired of Chapman's power...meaning that Chapman was doing what was good for NDSU.

The Foundation was in charge of any money that was spent for trips, house renovations, etc. Chapman asked the Foundation (repeatedly) about the money being spent, and was told not to worry about it...and that everything was fine, politically and otherwise.

Someone saw an opening, they stabbed him...and twisted. This happens to almost anyone in a leadership position that has a vision, some attitude, pushes hard, and doesn't just go with the flow. Chapman is extremely upset over how this was all handled. He was encouraged to take trips, to enjoy them, and to take the perks that went with it. He did not book hotel rooms, or flights, or anything. He was hired to be a politician and a leader for NDSU. He did it.

Yes...I have an inside source. No...I'm not making this up. No...I won't say who the source is. And yes...there were political forces that are in the UND camp who pushed the agenda to get rid of Chapman. The media was supplied with red meat, and they went after it like any modern-day tabloidian media source.

Now...let's get ready to beat the hell out of them.

The game was gonna happen...but...I agree with the sentence above to a certain extent. Forces within the political arena, with connections to UND, were tired of Chapman's power...meaning that Chapman was doing what was good for NDSU.

The Foundation was in charge of any money that was spent for trips, house renovations, etc. Chapman asked the Foundation (repeatedly) about the money being spent, and was told not to worry about it...and that everything was fine, politically and otherwise.

Someone saw an opening, they stabbed him...and twisted. This happens to almost anyone in a leadership position that has a vision, some attitude, pushes hard, and doesn't just go with the flow. Chapman is extremely upset over how this was all handled. He was encouraged to take trips, to enjoy them, and to take the perks that went with it. He did not book hotel rooms, or flights, or anything. He was hired to be a politician and a leader for NDSU. He did it.

Yes...I have an inside source. No...I'm not making this up. No...I won't say who the source is. And yes...there were political forces that are in the UND camp who pushed the agenda to get rid of Chapman. The media was supplied with red meat, and they went after it like any modern-day tabloidian media source.

Now...let's get ready to beat the hell out of them.
    We'll just have to see who's laughing when they get teh stuffing knocked out of them on FSN in a year or three. Politics be damned, we'll just have to settle this the old-fashioned way.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

Quote Originally Posted by Aces1180 View Post
    WHAT?!!!

It wasn't Babich's idea to create the new logo...It come from the administration. Most head coaches have a say in how a uni should look, but it surely comes down to more people than just him (ie - Equipment Manager, AD, Marketing, etc.).
    I'm not just talking about the logo. It's the damned coloring. The Babich era uniforms were puke ugly. Took the 'mean' look out of the image. Don't care who did it. They were all stupid. At least the Bohl folks got away from it. Someone said that the old uniforms (80s) looked too much like Green Bay, so they changed it. Frankly, I thought that the Babich uniforms were closer to Green Bay's...but not as bold. You have to work at 'ugly.' They did a fine job.

Quote Originally Posted by DjKyRo View Post
    We'll just have to see who's laughing when they get teh stuffing knocked out of them on FSN in a year or three. Politics be damned, we'll just have to settle this the old-fashioned way.
    I agree. Nothing would be better than to see an old Andy Griffith-style woodshed beating in a couple years. They like to play litigious decisive politics. We like to settle things like real men.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

I'm not just talking about the logo. It's the damned coloring. The Babich era uniforms were puke ugly. Took the 'mean' look out of the image. Don't care who did it. They were all stupid. At least the Bohl folks got away from it. Someone said that the old uniforms (80s) looked too much like Green Bay, so they changed it. Frankly, I thought that the Babich uniforms were closer to Green Bay's...but not as bold. You have to work at 'ugly.' They did a fine job.
    My question is how is that Babich's fault? Do you have facts to say it was him whom changed the colors?
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

I like the unis we have today, but I'd rather see the yellow pants on the road.

I'm also in favor of doing a throwback game where we get some new unis that look like the old 80's ones. (Not the old unis themselves, that's bush league.)
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz