Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Somebody put Lakes on suicide watch...

Default Re: Somebody put Lakes on suicide watch...

Quote Originally Posted by ming01 View Post
    finally a familiar opponent as opposed to wagner or ccsu or peay

but you have to admit it was fun chanting LETS GO PEE, LETS GO PEE!!
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Facts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by lakesbison View Post
    EMAILS DONE, THE SAME PEOPLE THAT PUSHED CHAPMAN OUT ARE BULLYING US WITH THIS. THATS MY OPINION. PERIOD.

WHAT WAS THE POINT OF MOVING UP IF THE BAGGAGE COMES WITH IT??

bye bye WAC/MAC/MWC.................. this is B S !

1-Enrollment
    2-Recruiting
    3-Attendence

WE HOLD ALL THE ADVANTAGES WITH THOSE 3?? why give them up? why share it, People around the country will once again go back to NOT knowing the difference between the 4 colleges... this is a shame and a SLAP in the face for everything we have done in the past 5-6 years.
    I gotta admit, I partially agree with Lakes. If we play the UXD's, we are playing at their level. But since we are the same level in 2012 anyways, in time we would play them anyways. The real advantage NDSU has is Fargo. It is the largest of the four cities by far and as time progresses NDSU will continue to grow solely on a population basis. The only reason NDSU only recently eclipsed UND is NDSU started as a Land-grant college and transitioned to a University in the 1960s. NDSU will continue to develop, and NDSU athletics will likewise prosper.
    Go Bison.

Lakes, NDSU is a flagship and UND is flagship. Both are regional schools and thus we should be playing them. This whole notion of not playing UND because it makes us look better than them is ridiculous. As long as the two are on the same level, they should play. Which is what will happen in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Facts View Post
    I gotta admit, I partially agree with Lakes. If we play the UXD's, we are playing at their level. But since we are the same level in 2012 anyways, in time we would play them anyways. The real advantage NDSU has is Fargo. It is the largest of the four cities by far and as time progresses NDSU will continue to grow solely on a population basis. The only reason NDSU only recently eclipsed UND is NDSU started as a Land-grant college and transitioned to a University in the 1960s. NDSU will continue to develop, and NDSU athletics will likewise prosper.
    I agree 100 percent with your points about Fargo's growth and the university's growth. You get a green chiclet from me.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

Quote Originally Posted by lakesbison View Post
    EMAILS DONE, THE SAME PEOPLE THAT PUSHED CHAPMAN OUT ARE BULLYING US WITH THIS. THATS MY OPINION. PERIOD.

WHAT WAS THE POINT OF MOVING UP IF THE BAGGAGE COMES WITH IT??

bye bye WAC/MAC/MWC.................. this is B S !

1-Enrollment
    2-Recruiting
    3-Attendence

WE HOLD ALL THE ADVANTAGES WITH THOSE 3?? why give them up? why share it, People around the country will once again go back to NOT knowing the difference between the 4 colleges... this is a shame and a SLAP in the face for everything we have done in the past 5-6 years.
    Lakes, how about this? Let's throw something else into the mix: Number of alumni. I don't know about the South Dakota universities, but in the case of UND and NDSU, I believe the former has about 95,000 alums to about 70,000 NDSU alums, give or take a few here or there. Or don't you happen to see that as an advantage one way or another?

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Can someone please post a brief summary of the article? I can never get that stupid forum website to work without giving them a bunch of information.

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Can someone please post a brief summary of the article? I can never get that stupid forum website to work without giving them a bunch of information.
    North Dakota State and the University of South Dakota appear close to finalizing a football contract to play three games – with the first one in Fargo next fall.

NDSU athletic director Gene Taylor said the two schools have settled on potential dates. The 2010 game would be a guarantee game for the Coyotes and the last two – perhaps in 2013 and 2014 – would be a home-and-home deal.

Meanwhile, Taylor said talks with the University of North Dakota are continu-ing. He said the two schools don’t have potential dates to match up in 2010 and 2011 but that 2012 remains a possibility

all there but one paragraph which just talked about how its more difficult to get a deal with UND etc
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by siouxdgj View Post
    Lakes, how about this? Let's throw something else into the mix: Number of alumni. I don't know about the South Dakota universities, but in the case of UND and NDSU, I believe the former has about 95,000 alums to about 70,000 NDSU alums, give or take a few here or there. Or don't you happen to see that as an advantage one way or another?
    The way things are going with the number of students each university is graduating, I'd say NDSU is rapidly closing that gap.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

i wouldnt mind it. def adds more spice to the game rather then like one said, wagner, central connecticut, austin peay etc.

it'd sure be the focal point in the state for the lead up. wont happen for a while anyways so i'll hold off the excitement

Facts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by siouxdgj View Post
    I guess I don't really get your point. Obviously from day one that has been an advantage for UND and continues to be. More people = more money to draw from, more graduates in the legislature, ect. ect. That will continue to tip the other way though.
    Go Bison.